Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Jul 13, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #1,291 of 1,603
wonderful review!! very informative and well written, congrats.

everyone should read it:
http://www.headfonia.com/review-luxury-precision-l3-iem-dap

Good review. The only slight issue I have with it is I feel it is a bit unfair to say maybe people are spoilt by iphones ahead of sound quality.

I can probably give them a free pass for limited functionality, but really the BUGS like the random freezing, non true random, etc should really be fixed.

It is not a big list but it is enough to be irritating and add that to the limited functionality and a lot of people will stay away which does the hardware a great injustice.

Jul 13, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #1,292 of 1,603
Good review. The only slight issue I have with it is I feel it is a bit unfair to say maybe people are spoilt by iphones ahead of sound quality.

I can probably give them a free pass for limited functionality, but really the BUGS like the random freezing, non true random, etc should really be fixed.

It is not a big list but it is enough to be irritating and add that to the limited functionality and a lot of people will stay away which does the hardware a great injustice.

Non true random is funny: Somedays its awesome, other days it sucks :)
But yeah, they should all be fixed.I really do think we're spoiled, I remember my first mp3 players from over 10 years ago.
Great sound though

Jul 15, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #1,293 of 1,603
Hmm, on the Chinese audiophile forum I think LP is announcing L3 Pro, which is a product to fit between L3 and L5 Pro. It says L3 Pro have numerous external and internal upgrade comparing to L3.

Here is the link: http://www.erji.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1934475&fromuid=585133

I can translate some of the message if people are interested.

I think they are using yellow rosewood for backplate. Can't really tell by the picture, not a wood expert.

Jul 15, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #1,295 of 1,603
I guess we will find out more after the Hi-Fi event at Shenzhen next week? Glad to see an Egoist fan at L&P 
biggrin.gif

Edit: seems like it will looks mostly the same as L3 except the darker steel body, laser engraving of the buttons and the rosewood backplate?

Jul 15, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #1,296 of 1,603
All I will say is that so far my complaints are not really about the quality of the materials or the sound. I quite honestly think it sounds as good as I could have reasonably expected for the price I paid for it.

What I really want improved is the firmware and the L3Pro posting seems to show more polish in materials and finishing to the physical part of the player and not the most crucial software part, which again is such a pity.

Jul 15, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #1,298 of 1,603
A very rough translation of the announcement:

L3 have been out for a while, and gain a lot of recognizance among audiophile groups. We listened to complains about L3 and we decided to release an upgraded version of L3. We improved both external and internal parts of L3, but we will only talk about external parts this time. Hardware improvement are still work in process, more details will come later.

We changed the color of L3's silver to space grey. We also greatly improve the finishing on the metal, so it would be as good if not better comparing to modern flagship phones.

(EGOIST really? LOL)

L3 pro would also have engraving on all the buttons.

L3 Pro also have much improved volume knob structure. (maybe no more wonky volume knob?)

L3 Pro uses a yellow rosewood backplate. (different rosewood comparing to L5p)

No info about pricing or release date, there have been some chatty at the L&P chat group. It is rumored to be at least 1000 yuan more than what L3 is selling right now. (550 USD?)

Jul 15, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #1,302 of 1,603
Pointless to upgrade the internals and externals without fixing the firmware.

I agree. Firmware is important.

However maybe there are some limitations to the L3 that prevent them from fixing the problems? Hopefully not...

Kind of excited and heartbroken to hear of the L3 Pro. (Like what, my L3's obsolete already? I'm still waiting for a firmware to fix some bugs!)

I always liked the carbon fiber over wood though. But that's just me.

Jul 15, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #1,303 of 1,603
I agree. Firmware is important.

However maybe there are some limitations to the L3 that prevent them from fixing the problems? Hopefully not...

Kind of excited and heartbroken to hear of the L3 Pro. (Like what, my L3's obsolete already? I'm still waiting for a firmware to fix some bugs!)

I always liked the carbon fiber over wood though. But that's just me.

:p i always keep my l3 in the leather case. The only chance I see the backplate is when i switch micro sd cards.

Jul 15, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #1,304 of 1,603
i think the original l3 is fine on the physical aspect...but the software..omg...i think they should release a firmware to fix all those complaints..music file format support is also another issue...software wise i would rank fiio better than l3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back