Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Jul 6, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #1,276 of 1,603
Looks like there's a new firmware update on the L3 for everyone. 1.0.0.2. Hope this update fixes some issues.

That firmware is already available since March. 
wink.gif

-edit- Alex was quicker to reply.

Jul 7, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #1,282 of 1,603
As I have just learned, the delay was related to some personal family issues of the main fw developer.  Unfortunately, L&P is a small company and nobody to pickup slack when someone is away.  Even so we all have a limited patience (trust me, I'm waiting for fw update as anxiously as everybody else, though in my case it's for review purpose), I will give them another benefit of a doubt this time.

Jul 12, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #1,283 of 1,603
Hmm never noticed this before, but the player seems to be randomly crashing when playing 24 bit 88.2 khz files. 

Sometimes it will play fine and sometimes on exactly the same track the player will stop playing and needs to be hard reset (by holding the play/pause button down for 8 seconds) and then restarted before it will respond again.

Anyone have this problem?

It only seems to affect 88.2 khz files. I only have a small number of these (mostly from HD Tracks) including Daft Punk's Random Access Memories, so never noticed this before.

Jul 12, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #1,284 of 1,603
As I have just learned, the delay was related to some personal family issues of the main fw developer.  Unfortunately, L&P is a small company and nobody to pickup slack when someone is away.  Even so we all have a limited patience (trust me, I'm waiting for fw update as anxiously as everybody else, though in my case it's for review purpose), I will give them another benefit of a doubt this time.

Thanks for communicating this, Alex. It's really the lack of communication that's more frustrating than anything...

Jul 12, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #1,290 of 1,603
Hmm never noticed this before, but the player seems to be randomly crashing when playing 24 bit 88.2 khz files. 

Sometimes it will play fine and sometimes on exactly the same track the player will stop playing and needs to be hard reset (by holding the play/pause button down for 8 seconds) and then restarted before it will respond again.

Anyone have this problem?

It only seems to affect 88.2 khz files. I only have a small number of these (mostly from HD Tracks) including Daft Punk's Random Access Memories, so never noticed this before.

I have had a similar incident with my player where the system crashes and I have to do a hard reset like you mention. However, I only have MP3s and FLACs under my belt, most 16 bit 44khz and some 24 bit 96khz. Seems to be the same issue anyway.

Hopefully the FW developer comes back soon and his family is fine so we can all be happy. The player still is no doubt a great player with amazing sound. Superb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back