Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
May 13, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #962 of 1,603
  What do the middle and left top buttons do?

It's your customizable short cut buttons.  In the setup menu you can assign different functions to these buttons, like Explorer (file browser) or Now playing and many more.

I don't have L3 in front of me, just looked it up under my L5 Pro review since it's the same.  Should be a Key Settings where you customize individual C1 and C2 keys.

May 13, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #964 of 1,603
If I'm understanding your question, you should just use the three software buttons near the top of the display screen.

No no, not that kind of now playing. I want the one like the DX90's which you press now playing and go back to directory and you get to know which folder or album the song is in. 
frown.gif

May 13, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #968 of 1,603
  I have a couple of dozens of m4a files that played fine with my L3, weird.....

There are two main types of apple music files, AAC and ALAC. M4A is more of a container which can contain both AAC and ALAC. So the M4A file containing ALAC would be played by L3, but not the AAC ones. 

Or just convert to MP3/FLAC format when you find L3 can't play certain file.

May 13, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #974 of 1,603

I believe L3 supports ALAC files.

It plays redbook quality ALAC files just fine. Any high-res ALAC I've tried it chokes on - will play but at the wrong speed.  

May 13, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #975 of 1,603
I believe L3 supports ALAC files.

Pretty sure someone mentioned a page or two back that his ALAC files were t working. I walked him through transcoding to FLAC, and they worked. Can't vouch for it, since I avoid ALAC. Too many boutique DAPs I've used have issues with ALAC but are just fine with FLAC.

Friday night brainfart. It was an AAC issue, not ALAC, that I helped someone with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back