Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Apr 17, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #752 of 1,603
Glad yours has more consistent build thanine. It's not worth returning, but it's a minor annoyance nonetheless. Small company. Less stringent QA/QC I guess. Hopefully it'll get better over time...

The "wonky" volume knob have been a thing for L&P (although the volume knob on L5P is nicer for some reason.), but I haven't seem any case of volume knob breaking, so nothing too much to worry about except it doesn't feel as nice.
frown.gif

Apr 17, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #760 of 1,603
I can later on. Things to not are that the volume knob can go off axis pretty easily and the jacks on mine aren't perfectly centered. I'm a freak for attention to detail, so those little things bug me. Not sure if others are like that or not.

Forgot this pic is on my phone. L3 + VE Monk Plus.

Wow, so it's pretty small. I was figuring about the size of the Fiil X5ii, but this looks more like the size of a Cowon Plenue D.

Apr 17, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #761 of 1,603
I'm a newbie to this group. I received my L3 today (a rare USPS delivery on a Sunday).  So far I've only had two issues.  It took a couple of tries to load flac files using a Macbook.  About three times it told me it was disconnect improperly but I never touched the usb cable.  I eventually loaded my files.  The second issue I have is with volume.  I never thought my B&W C5's were power hungry but at max volume of 60, it's not anywhere near loud.  I then switched to a pair of Monster Miles Davis earphones and it was slightly better.  The L3 seems to be very picky with earbuds.  I was considering a pair of Shure SE525's but I'm not sure how efficient (or inefficient) they are.  Other than that it's a nice looking player and not to difficult to operate.  Waiting on the firmware update to see what that does for it.

Apr 17, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #762 of 1,603
  I'm a newbie to this group. I received my L3 today (a rare USPS delivery on a Sunday).  So far I've only had two issues.  It took a couple of tries to load flac files using a Macbook.  About three times it told me it was disconnect improperly but I never touched the usb cable.  I eventually loaded my files.  The second issue I have is with volume.  I never thought my B&W C5's were power hungry but at max volume of 60, it's not anywhere near loud.  I then switched to a pair of Monster Miles Davis earphones and it was slightly better.  The L3 seems to be very picky with earbuds.  I was considering a pair of Shure SE525's but I'm not sure how efficient (or inefficient) they are.  Other than that it's a nice looking player and not to difficult to operate.  Waiting on the firmware update to see what that does for it.

The problem with Macbook disconnecting has to do with spotlight indexing, a google to how to disable would solve your problem.

Apr 17, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #763 of 1,603

I can later on. Things to not are that the volume knob can go off axis pretty easily and the jacks on mine aren't perfectly centered. I'm a freak for attention to detail, so those little things bug me. Not sure if others are like that or not.

Forgot this pic is on my phone. L3 + VE Monk Plus.

Wow, so it's pretty small. I was figuring about the size of the Fiil X5ii, but this looks more like the size of a Cowon Plenue D.

The problem with Macbook disconnecting has to do with spotlight indexing, a google to how to disable would solve your problem.

To disable indexing on a connected drive, in this case the L3, open the terminal and type:

sudo mdutil -i off "/Volumes/NAME OF DRIVE"

You can use autocomplete in the terminal to type the name, e.g., type:

sudo mdutil -i off "/Volumes/

then type the first couple of letters of the volume name and hit the tab key. Then type the end quote. Note that it is case-sensitive.

You'll be asked for your password.

Apr 17, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #764 of 1,603
Thanks John. That helps alot.  I also stand corrected on the volume issue.  Helps if you refer to the manual and plug the earphones into the proper input.  Line out just doesn't get it.  The case covered up the labels.  I'll get used to it.
Otherwise, its sounds great and the OS is pretty user friendly. 

Apr 18, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #765 of 1,603
Some photos:

Apologies for the appearance of dust, forgot to wipe the DAPs clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back