Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Mar 2, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #376 of 1,603
Mar 3, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #379 of 1,603
Hi @Ultrainferno
, any initial impression of L3 with the Mojo? 

Haven't tried yet. The L3 performs great on its own. It doesn't need the mojo for IEMs and the L3 has a balanced output, something Mojo can’t do.

Unless you need more power, L3 Balanced is the way to go

Mar 3, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #380 of 1,603
So here are dumb questions, as I've never had a balanced DAP/AMP before.  I'm assuming that you have to cable your IEMs with a balanced setup, as you are going to four signals, right?  Can any IEM that has interchangeable cables be run in balanced mode?  Do all IEMs benefit equally from running in balanced mode?  Thanks in advance for any explanation!

Mar 3, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #381 of 1,603
Just a simple post from the OP that he is still alive and committed would make me feel alot better there is only a couple days to go...

I thought I'd let those with review units speak since their word means much more than mine as an interested party.

Project is alive and well, timeline looks solid and we're excited to begin manufacturing! I've been fairly quick to respond to all requests, feel free to shoot me a message on Head-Fi or Indiegogo if you have concerns. 

Mar 3, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #382 of 1,603
  So here are dumb questions, as I've never had a balanced DAP/AMP before.  I'm assuming that you have to cable your IEMs with a balanced setup, as you are going to four signals, right?  Can any IEM that has interchangeable cables be run in balanced mode?  Do all IEMs benefit equally from running in balanced mode?  Thanks in advance for any explanation!

Yes, you need a 2.5mm TRRS termination on your IEM. In theory all IEMS can be made balanced, they won't all benefit as much from going balanced but very often going balanced makes a huge difference. If I can go balanced with the IEM and source I'm using at that moment, there's a 90% I will (unless it becomes bass light with less body in the mids)

Hope that helps :)

Mar 3, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #384 of 1,603
  I thought I'd let those with review units speak since their word means much more than mine as an interested party.

Project is alive and well, timeline looks solid and we're excited to begin manufacturing! I've been fairly quick to respond to all requests, feel free to shoot me a message on Head-Fi or Indiegogo if you have concerns. 

And here I am thinking you were still stuck at Chinese new year mood hehe.

From what I see, I guess it is safe to say that we will be having 50+ solid backers. Should be able to meet the April shipment mark quite safely if nothing happens I guess?
I am planning on getting a new IEM for this DAP so I just wanna plan my schedule first

Mar 3, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #387 of 1,603
  And here I am thinking you were still stuck at Chinese new year mood hehe.

From what I see, I guess it is safe to say that we will be having 50+ solid backers. Should be able to meet the April shipment mark quite safely if nothing happens I guess?
I am planning on getting a new IEM for this DAP so I just wanna plan my schedule first

I actually just flew back from China this past weekend, so definitely a little bit jet lagged. Made it without getting trampled in the crowds, so I think I can call the trip a success!

As far as I know, we're still 100% on track for the April manufacturing timeline, will keep you guys updated with happenings as soon as I hear about them.

Mar 3, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #388 of 1,603
  I actually just flew back from China this past weekend, so definitely a little bit jet lagged. Made it without getting trampled in the crowds, so I think I can call the trip a success!

As far as I know, we're still 100% on track for the April manufacturing timeline, will keep you guys updated with happenings as soon as I hear about them.

Alrighty, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back