Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital Music Player, Available Soon!
Mar 17, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #511 of 1,603
  There are only 3 buttons on front face (and 2 of them are user definable - and the other one is button lock / screen on/off), and 3 on the side:
 - top = on/off, play/pause
 - 2nd = back/up
 - 3rd = next/down

What's so hard that they need to be labelled?

Takes about 5-10 minutes with it and you know all the functions.

Is this demand for button labeling OCD going mad people? 

Paul, all A&K DAPs and also Opus#1 DAP have transport buttons in order of Next, Play/Pause, Back, which is different from L&P with Play/Pause, Back, Next.  Of course, after awhile it becomes a second nature, but I think some are concerned with initial confusion since L3 inside of the case will show 3 blank buttons.  To be honest, and only because I switch between different DAPs and my Galaxy Smartphone, I still pause for a second when I use X7 :frowning2:

Mar 17, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #512 of 1,603
Understand - but imagine we'd be in a minority (multiple DAPs in constant use).

If they can label the buttons - good.  Is it a deal breaker - no (IMO of course) 
wink.gif

Mar 17, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #513 of 1,603
Question: When connected via USB  to PC and set to DAC, dies the L3 output balanced with both DAC;s engaged, ir is it "crippled" to single? I read here that it can be hard to write a PC USB DAC driver that takes full advantage of a DAP's balanced circuitry and output., although this comment may have been specific to the DP-X1 android implementation.

Mar 17, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #514 of 1,603
  Question: When connected via USB  to PC and set to DAC, dies the L3 output balanced with both DAC;s engaged, ir is it "crippled" to single? I read here that it can be hard to write a PC USB DAC driver that takes full advantage of a DAP's balanced circuitry and output., although this comment may have been specific to the DP-X1 android implementation.

Considering there is no DAC function yet - it's probably a bit hard to answer.

Mar 17, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #515 of 1,603

The signal path is hard wired, don't think it can ever be "crippled".  The all the PC do in USB DAC is to stream the data to DAP and let DAP process that data. Unless it is some limitations with android's signal processing 

Mar 17, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #516 of 1,603

Considering there is no DAC function yet - it's probably a bit hard to answer.

Ah...is it to be implemented with upcoming FW?

Mar 17, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #519 of 1,603
John - do you have a link for the latest FW - so I can test mine?

Mar 17, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #522 of 1,603
I think mine came later so hopefully Ok to test.

Mar 18, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #524 of 1,603

Not that you guys needs more pictures in low quality, but a sample unit just landed for me to give a listen to. Balanced out is a real treat and I'm in the process of going through songs I know.

I think a couple people asked and believe it was addressed, but just to clarify - yes, everyone that participated in the campaign will receive a case with the order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back