Luxman P700u Headphone Amplifier Thread
Feb 11, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #121 of 418
YES, to my ears the 750u brings more texture and dynamics to the sound. I don’t believe in the dogma of keeping the signal path as short as possible, which is a very popular theory. My uneducated opinion is that what matters is how the signal is handled in the signal path, and I believe that Luxman does that extremely well in their Ultimate product line.
I’m feeding my DAC direct into the 750 but later tonight I’m going to try going through my 900U I would also gain a volume control :) I kind of miss my DAVE :frowning2:

Feb 11, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #122 of 418
PS
How many people are really using DAC's with balanced outputs? I see so many here using things like Chord etc. all which do not have balanced out.

It also seems that, much like the GSX MK2, running this Luxman amp single ended is losing out on what it is truly capable of doing
That is not correct about Chord. TT2 and DAVE offer XLR out as well as RCA. But they are still single ended designs.
I have Merging NADAC MC8 too, which offers XLR out for all 8 channels.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #123 of 418
Yes correct it internally converts unbalanced to balanced , but i’m trying to find out how they are doing this . I’m speaking with Luxman US

Ah - that is great news

That is not correct about Chord. TT2 and DAVE offer XLR out as well as RCA. But they are still single ended designs.
I have Merging NADAC MC8 too, which offer XLR out for all 8

XLR out - check
However as you said still single ended

Feb 11, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #128 of 418
Boy it would be nice if someone would have the Luxman amplifier on display at CanJam this weekend.

A demo is required. Looks like maybe the only shot would be through someone like Music Direct who has a return policy.
Any other online sellers? There looks to be one dealer in NY - Adirondak with an appointment only setup in Brooklyn - but who knows if they carry the headphone amp?

Feb 23, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #132 of 418
Feb 23, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #133 of 418
Anyone know if it's possible to change voltage on the 750u from 100V to 120V? Is there a switch inside?

Also, any Luxman owners debate the EAR HP-4 before going w/ the 700/750u?

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #134 of 418
Further to the above question , any owners of the 700/ 750u that have experienced the Luxman SQ-N100 as a headamp, can you please share your thoughts and impressions/ comparisons ?
There s one on ebay and it’s making my pockets burn

Feb 24, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #135 of 418
Further to the above question , any owners of the 700/ 750u that have experienced the Luxman SQ-N100 as a headamp, can you please share your thoughts and impressions/ comparisons ?
There s one on ebay and it’s making my pockets burn

I can’t compare them directly but I’m a former owner of the SQ-N100 and I currently own the P700u. I liked the N100 very much as a headphone amp. It had a full body sound quality that made it very enjoyable. The time gap between selling the N100 and buying the P700u was a few years so I can’t give you any meaningful comparisons. My N100 was made in Japan but later Luxman moved production of this amp to China and dropped the price. At the time I had the N100, I also had the Eddie Current Zane Deux SE and a Cavalli Liquid Fire. I liked the N100 better than either of them. I hope this helps at least a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back