Luxman P700u Headphone Amplifier Thread
Feb 24, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #151 of 418
Not really
They direct ship from Luxman distributor

Feb 24, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #154 of 418
Well there have been two IMPRESSIVE reviews of late. Steve Guttenberg from 2 weeks ago and the esteemed Ken Kessler which I only recently found and linked to above (it was written in September).

Both veteran reviewers called the Luxman "end game".
Normally I take reviews with a grain of salt however these two guys have been doing this for quite a while.

To clarify my post above - Music Direct does not stock this in their warehouse. It gets drop shipped from the distributior. That's why it says 2 weeks delivery.

I also seem to recall reading that with Luxman opening up their own distribution system (and no longer using the original importer) they gave a $2k price reduction to the 750.

I have also been reading good things about their new integrated.

Mar 5, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #156 of 418
Well there have been two IMPRESSIVE reviews of late. Steve Guttenberg from 2 weeks ago and the esteemed Ken Kessler which I only recently found and linked to above (it was written in September).

Both veteran reviewers called the Luxman "end game".
Normally I take reviews with a grain of salt however these two guys have been doing this for quite a while.

To clarify my post above - Music Direct does not stock this in their warehouse. It gets drop shipped from the distributior. That's why it says 2 weeks delivery.

I also seem to recall reading that with Luxman opening up their own distribution system (and no longer using the original importer) they gave a $2k price reduction to the 750.

I have also been reading good things about their new integrated.

At this price point, an audition is a must. Don't forget to include ECP DSHA-4 and L3 to the list. Another amplifier worth considering is the Audio-Technica HA5050H. These three amps are all better sounding than my SuSy Dynalo and Dynahi and should be better than the GSX-mini as well. Mr. Guttenberg lost me when he said that the Z1R is the most neutral of the bunch and is very suitable as a monitoring tool.

Mar 5, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #157 of 418
I have someone bringing me a unit on Thursday which I can keep for a few days. It will connect to my 2 channel system and use my LP12 and Linn Klimax DS as sources.

Look at my post above to the Ken Kessler review from the UK. Much more detailed than the Guttenberg one. He says it is the best Headphone amp he has ever heard. Kessler is a veteran who has been around the block quite a few times

Agreed - demo is a must

Mar 5, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #158 of 418
I am really enjoying my 750 using a Totaldac Twelve as a source , I am going to put a Shunyata Sigma power cable on the 750 in a few days and run it through my Shunyata Triton V3

Mar 5, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #160 of 418
Recently received the Corpse Cable Gravedigger customized, 14' length, HiFiMan V2 termination and Dual 3-Pin XLR's. Now my wife has to pry the HEK V2 from my cold, dead ears! Huge difference between Balanced and Single-Ended with the 750. This has been said so often it has become a cliche but recordings that have been listened to for years still reveal musical elements never heard before with my rig. That's what a synergistic cable can do.

Mar 5, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #161 of 418
Recently received the Corpse Cable Gravedigger customized, 14' length, HiFiMan V2 termination and Dual 3-Pin XLR's. Now my wife has to pry the HEK V2 from my cold, dead ears! Huge difference between Balanced and Single-Ended with the 750. This has been said so often it has become a cliche but recordings that have been listened to for years still reveal musical elements never heard before with my rig. That's what a synergistic cable can do.

I use the Corpse Cable Gravedigger in balanced configuration on my HEK v2 (soon to be SE), Utopia, and LCD 4z into my P700u. It's a great cable and I like it better than my more expensive Wywires Platinum, Double Helix Complement 2, and Norne Draug. I currently own all of them but I prefer the Gravedigger for its natural sound. I recently purchased a Equi=tech 2RQ balanced power conditioner and I have my entire system plugged into it. The 2RQ is a real game changer and it's elevated the performance of my speaker and headphone system to a much higher level.

Mar 5, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #162 of 418
I use the Corpse Cable Gravedigger in balanced configuration on my HEK v2 (soon to be SE), Utopia, and LCD 4z into my P700u. It's a great cable and I like it better than my more expensive Wywires Platinum, Double Helix Complement 2, and Norne Draug. I currently own all of them but I prefer the Gravedigger for its natural sound. I recently purchased a Equi=tech 2RQ balanced power conditioner and I have my entire system plugged into it. The 2RQ is a real game changer and it's elevated the performance of my speaker and headphone system to a much higher level.

Steve, please share on the thread your impressions of the HEK SE and how it compares to the V2. Supposedly Fang has "fiddled" with the bass on the SE. My impression is that the bass response is awesome on the V2 using the 750. Thanks.

Mar 5, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #163 of 418
Steve, please share on the thread your impressions of the HEK SE and how it compares to the V2. Supposedly Fang has "fiddled" with the bass on the SE. My impression is that the bass response is awesome on the V2 using the 750. Thanks.

No problem, I should be getting the SE either this weekend or early next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back