LUMIN - The Audiophile Network Music Player
Mar 2, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #121 of 438
I purchased the U1 after much debate between the mini, mini with booster etc…
At the end of the day I just went with the full version and been enjoying it ever since. It’s an upgrade from Mac mini to the microrendu. I’m happy with my purchase and since I bought the U1 I don’t have to think about if I’m getting the full potential and just enjoy the music.

Mar 24, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #122 of 438
I am always surprised why the Lumin is not used more within the head fi community, my theory and guess is that they do not support roon perhaps? I was quite happy with my Lumin when I used to have one.

Mar 24, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #123 of 438
I am always surprised why the Lumin is not used more within the head fi community, my theory and guess is that they do not support roon perhaps? I was quite happy with my Lumin when I used to have one.
They are Roon Ready.

Mar 24, 2022 at 7:16 PM Post #124 of 438
Mar 24, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #125 of 438
Is anybody using a U1 with an X1 power supply?

Mar 25, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #127 of 438
Good to know, I have it on my list of upgrades. How did you go about upgrading the cable?

Mar 25, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #128 of 438
Good to know, I have it on my list of upgrades. How did you go about upgrading the cable?

If you acquire the upgrade form Lumin a copper cable will be included. I like silver cables a lot especially for low voltage power connections and went with Audiosensibility. I can recommended making business with them and the cable is very well build and does provide a nice touch of speed and open sound.

Mar 25, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #129 of 438
Cool, thanks for the heads up on that!

Apr 7, 2022 at 3:58 AM Post #130 of 438
Hi guys,

I am interested to move from Roon app to either Lumin or Aurender Conductor native apps for better SQ over rich info. However, I prefer to control music playback right on PC (not Mac) over the apps on phones and tablets.

Is it possible to use Lumin or Aurender Conductor from PC desktop (windows 10) with android emulator programs like Bluestacks, MemuPlay or Noxplayer? Anyone has such experience? Is there any issue?

Thank you.

Apr 8, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #131 of 438
Hi guys,

I am interested to move from Roon app to either Lumin or Aurender Conductor native apps for better SQ over rich info. However, I prefer to control music playback right on PC (not Mac) over the apps on phones and tablets.

Is it possible to use Lumin or Aurender Conductor from PC desktop (windows 10) with android emulator programs like Bluestacks, MemuPlay or Noxplayer? Anyone has such experience? Is there any issue?

Thank you.
Roon is an app that tells you it knows better, but often with much annoyance, gets it badly wrong. If you are writing here, I can understand your post to try something different with a Lumin.

For desktop apps, there are two I've tried that *work* with Lumin, Jriver and Audirvana. If you find others, look and determine if they output DLNA.

I haven't tried the android emulators, the extra overhead may create more noise.

For the most stable performance, Jriver wins, there is a setting to stop the Lumin 'resetting' the DAC at the end of every track. Other than that, detection of the Lumin works, you have to setup generic DLNA server in Jriver first. The procedure is an ancient one, so if there's a wiki from a few prior versions, the new version will still work.

Audirvana has many UX and operational bugs which I can't recommend as a standalone player, let alone a source for the Lumin.

The most optimum is a standalone PC or a NAS for that matter that runs Minimserver. Very stable, and indexes super fast, Minimserver has a very low footprint as far as resources are concerned, but it's only a server, it does not select what you want to play. Sure it will advertise to apps it exists on the network. The client software will ask Minimserver what to play, the Lumin will receive and play. I don't know of an desktop app that controls Minimserver, just the Lumin and Esoteric apps on iPads or tablets. The main idea of using the ipads, because they are portable, can be operated anywhere within your home's wi-fi.
I've tried a few other control apps, but are below professional presentation, don't play DSD, indexing takes forever, dropouts.... the list goes on an on.

SQ wise, Jriver sounds rough compared to Minimserver/ipad, perhaps more overhead. and PC goings on. Use an EtherRegen before the Lumin, this device drastically cleans up noise and mess on network cabling, and worth every penny. If the ER is too steep a price, try the DXE-ISO plus filters, also take out a lot noise for very low price commitment.

Apr 11, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #132 of 438
Roon is an app that tells you it knows better, but often with much annoyance, gets it badly wrong. If you are writing here, I can understand your post to try something different with a Lumin.

For desktop apps, there are two I've tried that *work* with Lumin, Jriver and Audirvana. If you find others, look and determine if they output DLNA.

I haven't tried the android emulators, the extra overhead may create more noise.

For the most stable performance, Jriver wins, there is a setting to stop the Lumin 'resetting' the DAC at the end of every track. Other than that, detection of the Lumin works, you have to setup generic DLNA server in Jriver first. The procedure is an ancient one, so if there's a wiki from a few prior versions, the new version will still work.

Audirvana has many UX and operational bugs which I can't recommend as a standalone player, let alone a source for the Lumin.

The most optimum is a standalone PC or a NAS for that matter that runs Minimserver. Very stable, and indexes super fast, Minimserver has a very low footprint as far as resources are concerned, but it's only a server, it does not select what you want to play. Sure it will advertise to apps it exists on the network. The client software will ask Minimserver what to play, the Lumin will receive and play. I don't know of an desktop app that controls Minimserver, just the Lumin and Esoteric apps on iPads or tablets. The main idea of using the ipads, because they are portable, can be operated anywhere within your home's wi-fi.
I've tried a few other control apps, but are below professional presentation, don't play DSD, indexing takes forever, dropouts.... the list goes on an on.

SQ wise, Jriver sounds rough compared to Minimserver/ipad, perhaps more overhead. and PC goings on. Use an EtherRegen before the Lumin, this device drastically cleans up noise and mess on network cabling, and worth every penny. If the ER is too steep a price, try the DXE-ISO plus filters, also take out a lot noise for very low price commitment.

Thank you for your big help! Such profounded experience. I think the best way is just getting ipad to use the native app.

Apr 11, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #133 of 438
always surprised that Lumin is bit slept on by head fiers

I am going to assume due to the interface or their native player?

Because they are great products for sure...

Apr 12, 2022 at 8:18 PM Post #134 of 438
Agreed! Love my U1. It just works... And sounds phenomenal while doing it! It is indeed curious that you don't hear more about them around here.

Apr 12, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #135 of 438
No regrets after having my U1 for 6 months now. Just fantastic, sounds spectacular, love their iPad app and the thing is just down right good at what it does. Flawlessly plays back red book to DSD stuff. A++++

Users who are viewing this thread

Back