LP6Ti more details to follow
Apr 29, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #92 of 97
wx_camera_1619696288015.jpg

May 4, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #93 of 97
This impression wrote itself:

I'm a nut, I've been crazy for over at least half a decade.
If I was to put in a position to pick anything VS an audio related product, I'll pick the latter.
This is me and I make no apology to anyone, (sorry my other half if you are reading this, sorry but no sorry, I mean what I said).
"So who cares if you are nut, what is that go to do with LP6?" Well I think it does. In the days of Shanling M8 and ibasso DX300, you must be a certain level audio nut to still pay 2 to 5 times their respective retail price to buy LP6.
This review will be very different to your typical reviews. I try to tell it like it is, from my perspective.

So let's get the negatives out of the way.
[ ] No gapless support.
[ ] Screen isn't gorilla class and scratches easily.
[ ] Body also prone to scratches and must always have the case on.
[ ] Analog volume means there is a good chance you will blast your eardrums at least once, and as their is not directional guide, you wouldn't know if clockwise lowers the sound or counter clockwise.
[ ] USB dac support promised to support 24/192, but that was three years ago and still counting. But at least you get CD quality via USB.
[ ] Burnin is an issue with the LCD: I was transferring music to the internal memory late one night and forgot to turn off the dap, when I woke up next morning, I notice the USB logo still visible when I'm playing music. I turned off the screen for a while and it eventually faded.
[ ] Poor communication with the manufacturer. Unless you know their weibo account, dont email them.
[ ] No gapless, did I say that already? Let me say it one more time for good measures.

Are you still here? Good, let's keep going.

So you might ask, why the heck did I buy it. Wait, I told you I'm a nut, and if you have gotten this far after reading the above bullet point, you are a nut too, stay with me.

I first heard of Luxury-precision after I was looking for a replacement for my Colorfly C4. That think is so freaking cool and does gapless if you feed it cue file. I love how accurately one can adjust the volume on it.
I found out the engineers who made the C4 left colorfly and created their own company called colorfly.
At the start it was impossible to get in touch with them, and many year later, things haven't changed much. Got to give them this much, they are obviously not famous because of their world class customer service. ( at least not for English speaking audience).
They released the LP5, LP5Ultra, other L4, L6, etc. I tried some (thanks to good friend from China, shipping cost me a good EA cable, not the current EA, their current pricing is business class trip to Singapore from where I live, I'm talking about the old EA).
Nothing really stood out, expect the LP6 family.
I missed out on the Ti variety, when it came out. I wasn't willing to fork the 5,000 USD it was asking for. Remember that was pre DMP Z1 and SP2000 era and Tera player was still below 1000 euro.
Yea they got sold out within a few months, all 199 of then. A year later I came across the LP6 in Singapore by accident ( at that time I owned R2R2000 spend plenty of hours with DMP-Z1,SP2000 and etc). Yes from the moment I pressed play, I finally got the same feeling I got when I first listened to R2R2K!
"I had to have it!"
But I ended up buying P6, Hm1000 ( all because I wanted stop myself from spending more money on LP6 Gold! As you can see the two daps combined cost is far more than LP6. Finance is not my major strength).
Hated and loved both P6 and Hm1000, traded my r2r2k for hm1000 (miss it, but wouldn't buy it again) and I still couldn't get over LP6.
So I placed the order for LP6 gold once, cancelled it within few hours as my other half didn't approve.
Had a two day breakup with my other half (a small windows for me to buy the LP6 gold) and yes I'm back with her again (and my girlfriend too if you are wondering) and she couldn't make me return it as officially we were separated for a few days (I don't know how she puts up with me).

I sacrificed many things in the 15 years I've been in this hobby, all for that short moment when I press the play button and all the problems of the world comes to a stop for a brief moment. I picked vacation, new phones over Mt audio hobby, as I live for those moments where music takes over.

So you ask why I bought the LP6 Gold? With LP6 Gold, the brief moment tend to last 3 to 4 hours.
LP6 is the best sounding music player I've heard. Regardless if it's a desktop or portable setup, for me this is the best sounding music player I've heard to date, period.

From its ability to masterfully extract the nuances recorded in the album, without ever sounding analytical and dull. It's ability to be pitch black with my most sensitive IEM, and just been able to add this level of detail that I tend to miss on all the other daps I tried (excluding dmp z1).
The biggest advantage I got with LP6 is I can finally hear the effect swapping cables has on the sound of my IEM in a more effective way.
The most important aspect of LP6 is having the ability to image on the same level as Hugo 2, but sounding much more dynamic and detailed that Hugo couldn't offer me without adding an amp to it.

Compared with P6, LP6 sounds comes out as more force, meaning there is a lot more detail which jumps at you, sounds is more responsive. If there is a sudden change in the recording dynamic where all of a sudden the entire orchestra starting playing at once, LP6 handles that much better.
P6 is a lot more laid back.

Compared with HM1000, HM1000 sounds is more warmer, pleasant on first listen. HM1000 sounds more well balanced, but keep listening, with time you will know that LP6 handles those busy passages much more tactfully than HM1000.
HM1000 can't keep up.

Now what I hate about LP6 gold is lack gapless playback. In all the reviews I've read from all the big shoots, non mentioned this. How is this not a problem for a dap whose entire existence is about getting the best from your personal music collection on the go? I might be able to forgive Hifiman for lack of gapless as the BT allows me to still have access to gapless music when I need it.
I'm told the on-board memory and CPU for LP6 can't handle it. Don't tell me that, it has an Intel industrial FPGA, I don't know what that means, but based on your marketing it is a big deal, it sounds powerful and yet it can't do gapless.
Chances are those who buy the LP6 are people who love classical and live music because it contains so many nuances that gives their collectors that nice fussy sensation inside. You got no idea how annoyed I get when I hear that annoying static between each track.

So why I still kept it? Because it still sounds so good, infact the best I've heard, period.
I'm going off memory but I think it sounded more engaging than the LP6Ti!
I got to give it to LP engineers, looking at P6, LP5 Ultra, LP6, it takes a crazy visionary to dare to release such designs. I'm glade they did as maybe not now, but later on we will see them mature into something bigger.
I'm a patient guy, I can wait.

To be continued.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 2:30 AM Post #95 of 97

If I was to put in a position to pick anything VS an audio related product, I'll pick the latter.
This is me and I make no apology to anyone, (sorry my other half if you are reading this, sorry but no sorry, I mean what I said).
"So who cares if you are nut, what is that go to do with LP6?" Well I think it does. In the days of Shanling M8 and ibasso DX300, you must be a certain level audio nut to still pay 2 to 5 times their respective retail price to buy LP6.
This review will be very different to your typical reviews. I try to tell it like it is, from my perspective.

[ ] No gapless support.
[ ] Analog volume means there is a good chance you will blast your eardrums at least once, and as their is not directional guide, you wouldn't know if clockwise lowers the sound or counter clockwise.
[ ] USB dac support promised to support 24/192, but that was three years ago and still counting. But at least you get CD quality via USB.
[ ] Burnin is an issue with the LCD: I was transferring music to the internal memory late one night and forgot to turn off the dap, when I woke up next morning, I notice the USB logo still visible when I'm playing music. I turned off the screen for a while and it eventually faded.
[ ] Poor communication with the manufacturer. Unless you know their weibo account, dont email them.
[ ] No gapless, did I say that already? Let me say it one more time for good measures.

So you might ask, why the heck did I buy it. Wait, I told you I'm a nut, and if you have gotten this far after reading the above bullet point, you are a nut too, stay with me.

I first heard of Luxury-precision after I was looking for a replacement for my Colorfly C4. That think is so freaking cool and does gapless if you feed it cue file. I love how accurately one can adjust the volume on it.
I found out the engineers who made the C4 left colorfly and created their own company called colorfly.
At the start it was impossible to get in touch with them, and many year later, things haven't changed much. Got to give them this much, they are obviously not famous because of their world class customer service. ( at least not for English speaking audience).
They released the LP5, LP5Ultra, other L4, L6, etc. I tried some (thanks to good friend from China, shipping cost me a good EA cable, not the current EA, their current pricing is business class trip to Singapore from where I live, I'm talking about the old EA).
I missed out on the Ti variety, when it came out. I wasn't willing to fork the 5,000 USD it was asking for. Remember that was pre DMP Z1 and SP2000 era and Tera player was still below 1000 euro.
Yea they got sold out within a few months, all 199 of then. A year later I came across the LP6 in Singapore by accident ( at that time I owned R2R2000 spend plenty of hours with DMP-Z1,SP2000 and etc). Yes from the moment I pressed play, I finally got the same feeling I got when I first listened to R2R2K!
"I had to have it!"
But I ended up buying P6, Hm1000 ( all because I wanted stop myself from spending more money on LP6 Gold! As you can see the two daps combined cost is far more than LP6. Finance is not my major strength).
Hated and loved both P6 and Hm1000, traded my r2r2k for hm1000 (miss it, but wouldn't buy it again) and I still couldn't get over LP6.
So I placed the order for LP6 gold once, cancelled it within few hours as my other half didn't approve.
Had a two day breakup with my other half (a small windows for me to buy the LP6 gold) and yes I'm back with her again (and my girlfriend too if you are wondering) and she couldn't make me return it as officially we were separated for a few days (I don't know how she puts up with me).

I sacrificed many things in the 15 years I've been in this hobby, all for that short moment when I press the play button and all the problems of the world comes to a stop for a brief moment. I picked vacation, new phones over Mt audio hobby, as I live for those moments where music takes over.

So you ask why I bought the LP6 Gold? With LP6 Gold, the brief moment tend to last 3 to 4 hours.
LP6 is the best sounding music player I've heard. Regardless if it's a desktop or portable setup, for me this is the best sounding music player I've heard to date, period.

From its ability to masterfully extract the nuances recorded in the album, without ever sounding analytical and dull. It's ability to be pitch black with my most sensitive IEM, and just been able to add this level of detail that I tend to miss on all the other daps I tried (excluding dmp z1).
The biggest advantage I got with LP6 is I can finally hear the effect swapping cables has on the sound of my IEM in a more effective way.
The most important aspect of LP6 is having the ability to image on the same level as Hugo 2, but sounding much more dynamic and detailed that Hugo couldn't offer me without adding an amp to it.

Compared with P6, LP6 sounds comes out as more force, meaning there is a lot more detail which jumps at you, sounds is more responsive. If there is a sudden change in the recording dynamic where all of a sudden the entire orchestra starting playing at once, LP6 handles that much better.

Compared with HM1000, HM1000 sounds is more warmer, pleasant on first listen. HM1000 sounds more well balanced, but keep listening, with time you will know that LP6 handles those busy passages much more tactfully than HM1000.
HM1000 can't keep up.

Now what I hate about LP6 gold is lack gapless playback. In all the reviews I've read from all the big shoots, non mentioned this. How is this not a problem for a dap whose entire existence is about getting the best from your personal music collection on the go? I might be able to forgive Hifiman for lack of gapless as the BT allows me to still have access to gapless music when I need it.
I'm told the on-board memory and CPU for LP6 can't handle it. Don't tell me that, it has an Intel industrial FPGA, I don't know what that means, but based on your marketing it is a big deal, it sounds powerful and yet it can't do gapless.
Chances are those who buy the LP6 are people who love classical and live music because it contains so many nuances that gives their collectors that nice fussy sensation inside. You got no idea how annoyed I get when I hear that annoying static between each track.

So why I still kept it? Because it still sounds so good, infact the best I've heard, period.
I got to give it to LP engineers, looking at P6, LP6, LP6, it takes a crazy visionary to dare to release such designs. I'm glade they did as maybe not now, but later on we will see them mature into something bigger.

To be continued.
My experience with lp6ti is continuing. I will listen to it again, including its digital/coaxial out. Will write again later.

Mar 25, 2022 at 8:05 PM Post #97 of 97

[ ] No gapless support.

"I had to have it!"

HM1000 can't keep up.

I got to give it to LP engineers, looking at P6, LP6, LP6, it takes a crazy visionary to dare to release such designs. I'm glade they did as maybe not now, but later on we will see them mature into something bigger.

To be continued.
I have discovered the LP6TI a bit late but better late than never. I have the same sentiments as you. If one has never heard it they will never know. I was on the quest to listen to the best players on the market. The first time I heard it, I did not feel much because I didn't have the right quality IEM. The first time I was using a Fir M5. Whilst it's still a good IEM, it was not the best to get the best details out of a player. Afterwards I bought along a Noble Viking, Black Erlkonig and a custom dynamic driver IEM. It was then I realized this player is just a power house and it will bring out the best of any IEM, headphone you throw at it. It is the best DAP player on the market at this very moment if you are looking for a Desktop amp level, natural and most detailed player. The clarity on this unit is just so realistic and soothing to listen to. So crisp and clean of the highest fidelity. I am not surprised that not much people have heard of it since as soon as it came out on the Titanium models they all sold out just within Asia. There was not a chance for anyone to buy it. Even for me I had it buy it on the preowned market after coaxing a few of the audiophiles to let it go. Whilst the price is not cheap by any standards, I decided to snap up both models of the LP6TI 199 and the LP6TI 7th anniversary models and enjoying every moment of it. All my music lover friends have given me money for me to release it to them after I have listened and enjoyed it. I decided to do a youtube video since I found very little information about it on line since the audience is targeted at the Asian market. Personally, I have heard the Gold one as well. The difference is the sound is warmer. The Gold one has 2 x R2R Dacs, the TI versions has 4. I believe the extra R2R gives it more clarity if this is what you are after. There are things which could be improved on this but the sound is so good, I can overlook this.
Software and GUI were never a strength on these units but maybe the thought that the most simpliest is the best in much the same way the R2R does the data processing.
Anyway, this is my personal opinion, but just listen to this monster and you will know why it is so expensive. I'm only disappointed that my other DAPs which are considered to be TOTL are put aside with less listening time after I got the LP6TI.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back