Loxjie P20 Discussion- Starved for information on this thing!
Jan 24, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #466 of 804
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/10050...tedetail&spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.40694c4dvBfXJZ

I bought these (the two 3.5mm will be plugging directly into the headphones)

That should work great! To supplement what @DBaldock9 said, your computer is providing a single-ended output, which should be ok for going to the balanced input on the Loxjie P20. This is independent of which headphone output is being used on the Loxjie P20. I know, keeping track of which inputs/outputs are being discussed can be hard to follow haha.

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #467 of 804
That should work great! To supplement what @DBaldock9 said, your computer is providing a single-ended output, which should be ok for going to the balanced input on the Loxjie P20. This is independent of which headphone output is being used on the Loxjie P20. I know, keeping track of which inputs/outputs are being discussed can be hard to follow haha.
Hahaha totally! I'm extremely new to this and I appreciate all the help.

Jan 24, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #468 of 804
So if you had to choose between the TRS to RCA or TRS to XLR from my computer to the amp, which one would you choose?

Jan 24, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #470 of 804
if you had to choose between the TRS to RCA or TRS to XLR from my computer to the amp, which one would you choose?

@Basick, well, both end up forming an unbalanced connection, and because of that I would typically get TRS to RCA, but with the Loxjie P20 I know that the balanced input sounds better than the unbalanced input AND I do not know if it is because of the balanced configuration, or if it is because the circuitry internal to the amp is built better in general for its balanced side. For the Loxjie P20, if I didn't have a balanced DAC, I would go for the TRS to XLR since it has the possibility of using better circuitry inside the Loxjie P20. I know that with Blue Jeans Cable's "BJC MSA-1 Miniature Stereo Audio Cable" (located here: https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/audio/MSA1.htm ) you can specify a 1/8 TRS Male to 2 X XLR Male. They are expensive, and by no means do you have to get that cable, but if another place would charge you more money for the same type of cable, the BJC may be a better option.

@SoLame, could you let us know why you'd choose RCA? I'm curious.

Jan 24, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #471 of 804
@Basick, well, both end up forming an unbalanced connection, and because of that I would typically get TRS to RCA, but with the Loxjie P20 I know that the balanced input sounds better than the unbalanced input AND I do not know if it is because of the balanced configuration, or if it is because the circuitry internal to the amp is built better in general for its balanced side. For the Loxjie P20, if I didn't have a balanced DAC, I would go for the TRS to XLR since it has the possibility of using better circuitry inside the Loxjie P20. I know that with Blue Jeans Cable's "BJC MSA-1 Miniature Stereo Audio Cable" (located here: https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/audio/MSA1.htm ) you can specify a 1/8 TRS Male to 2 X XLR Male. They are expensive, and by no means do you have to get that cable, but if another place would charge you more money for the same type of cable, the BJC may be a better option.

I've had this sitting in my shopping cart
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07K59J42N/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A37ZMG0J9UK5U5&psc=1

wouldn't this work?

Jan 24, 2021 at 11:16 PM Post #474 of 804
I too would love to know why
Simply because I've tried both ways - 3.5mm (SE) output (from computer/DAP) into RCA and XLR on P20, and I didn't hear any difference in sound. Once I started using balanced output from my DAP/DAC...sending balanced signal into XLR on P20, I hear difference. YMMV, of course. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #476 of 804

Connection wise, both look good.
I'm curious about that DAC from DROP (former MassDrop). I've got a SMSL SU-8 which is quoted on that same site, at doubled the price.

Jan 25, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #477 of 804

I'm feeding my P20 with this baby. For some reason it's not showing up on Amazon Canada though... https://www.amazon.com/iFi-Zen-DAC-Converter-Unbalanced/dp/B07YZK5MDS

Jan 25, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #478 of 804
Hello guys I thinking to change the power supply to my loxjie, any good recommendation in a fairly price to improve the sound...??
I m leaving in Europe so I need a 230v

Jan 25, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #479 of 804
Jan 25, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #480 of 804
Hello guys I thinking to change the power supply to my loxjie, any good recommendation in a fairly price to improve the sound...??
I m leaving in Europe so I need a 230v
This also interests me.
The other day I was looking at an old Toshiba laptop ps and thinking if 19v 3.6a is too much for the p20... Is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back