Loxjie P20 Discussion- Starved for information on this thing!
Jan 1, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #676 of 802
Edit I figured it out manual isn’t correct looks like input 1 is the balanced in. So far liking this amp adds a little warmth to sound classic rock sounds good with it.

Have a quick question using 4.4 to XLR balanced from my Dap isn’t considered a balanced input on the Loxjie p20? In manual says input 2 balanced. I have to set it to input 1 to get sound?

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2022 at 4:49 AM Post #677 of 802
Edit I figured it out manual isn’t correct looks like input 1 is the balanced in. So far liking this amp adds a little warmth to sound classic rock sounds good with it.

Have a quick question using 4.4 to XLR balanced from my Dap isn’t considered a balanced input on the Loxjie p20? In manual says input 2 balanced. I have to set it to input 1 to get sound?

Input 1 is balanced - it is labelled on the back, below the XLR sockets:

R.jpeg

Jan 2, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #678 of 802
Input 1 is balanced - it is labelled on the back, below the XLR sockets:

Thanks I was going by manual instead of looking at the input jacks. First tube amp along with XLR cables and wasn’t sure it was hooked up correct.

Jan 5, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #679 of 802
Enjoying this amp and decided want to try out some different tubes. Does anyone have a recommended tube seller ?
Would I be better off to buy of classified ads here? Anyone looking to sell any there not using?
Looking for 6N3P-DR, Tesla 6CC42 D getter, older 5670.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #680 of 802
Is this still a good purchase these days? What tubes would I need to make it more tubey?

Jan 22, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #681 of 802
Is this still a good purchase these days? What tubes would I need to make it more tubey?
The old cliche about price/performance applies pretty well with the loxjie. I found it a better amp than the other 'budget' amps such as the topping or jds atom. Not that those are bad, I just preferred the loxjie, both for sound and aesthetics. Someone else can comment on the 'more tubey' sounding tubes, I did not find tube rolling to make the sound necessarily more tubey, especially compared to OTL amps like the crack.

This amp, run balanced, with a $10 upgraded power supply is a real winner, and I use it on my computer with a balanced sdac. Great combo.

Jan 22, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #682 of 802
I think the p20 is still an excellent value even after all these years. I don't have a real tube amp to compare to so its as close to tubey as I can get.

Probably the 6n3p-dr tubes, they seem to be the most popular.

Jan 22, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #683 of 802
I think the p20 is still an excellent value even after all these years. I don't have a real tube amp to compare to so its as close to tubey as I can get.

Probably the 6n3p-dr tubes, they seem to be the most popular.
Installed ge-jan5670 and I'm rather satisfied with the result (could not find 6n3p-dr tubes).
For the price, the Loxjie P20 is a great option.

Jan 24, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #686 of 802
I really like the 6N3P-E tube but also looking to try 6N3P-DR, Tesla 6CC42 D getter, older 5670.
Having a blast with this little amp and decided to try a portable tube amp. Depending on how it sounds will determine if going be investing more in Loxjie.

Jan 24, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #687 of 802
I really like the 6N3P-E tube but also looking to try 6N3P-DR, Tesla 6CC42 D getter, older 5670.
Having a blast with this little amp and decided to try a portable tube amp. Depending on how it sounds will determine if going be investing more in Loxjie.
Also looking for a portable tube amp but it seems there is nothing good enough on the market (for a reasonable price...)

Jan 24, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #688 of 802
Also looking for a portable tube amp but it seems there is nothing good enough on the market (for a reasonable price...)

I bought the ORIOLUS BA300S for $340.00
There’s also the Little Bear B4-X for $89.99 and KAEI TAP-1S Fo 297.60

I went with the BA300S since I’m running low independence iem it also it has the most reviews. The KAEI TAP-1S also looked good but It’s new and not many reviews, plus I was concerned with the independence.
Another member just bought one of the KAEI TAP-1S I’m gonna wait till I see what his thoughts are.

The little bear there’s some people seem to really like it. Over in portable China tube thread there’s a lot of talk about how people customized it better sound.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/portable-tube-amp-from-china.626237/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back