Loxjie P20 Discussion- Starved for information on this thing!
Mar 20, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #706 of 801
Yesterday, my Loxjie exhibited some type of power failure where it wouldn't boot and instead would flick on and flick off. Not assuming it was the amp, I assumed that the power supply was the cause and tested the Loxjie with a different 12v power supply and my Loxjie actually went up in smoke making me realize maybe my issue was indeed my amp. The smoke seemed to stem from the (internal) rear of the unit near the power input and my unit is roughly three years old, any tips on my next course of action? I would like my Loxjie to live.
OMG I think you changed polarity or the power supply had more than 12V.

Can you make a. Picture from the smoked area.

There are two voltage regulators, they can be changed if burned, but if the little transformer is burned your Amp couldn't be repaired., because you won't find data to the transformer.

Mar 20, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #707 of 801
OMG I think you changed polarity or the power supply had more than 12V.

Can you make a. Picture from the smoked area.

There are two voltage regulators, they can be changed if burned, but if the little transformer is burned your Amp couldn't be repaired., because you won't find data to the transformer.
The second power supply was rated for 12V 10A.

Posting two pictures, and the board still smells pretty smokey.

Attachments

• IMG_20220320_104148.jpg
    IMG_20220320_104148.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220320_104118.jpg
    IMG_20220320_104118.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Mar 20, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #708 of 801
Screenshot_20220320_194627.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #709 of 801
10A power supply is very much, but no problem if your P20 is ok.
Are you sure that you have used the right polarity?

Did you have a multimeter?

If you are lucky, only the both transistors are blown, and not the transformer.

I think you should change them and test.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #710 of 801
10A power supply is very much, but no problem if your P20 is ok.
Are you sure that you have used the right polarity?

Did you have a multimeter?

If you are lucky, only the both transistors are blown, and not the transformer.

I think you should change them and test.
For the polarity, it is possible that I didn't replace the adapter when I changed out the power supply, and I'd have to assume that is the case. I also do not have a multimeter.

Mar 20, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #712 of 801
If I am able to access one, however, how would I check the voltage on the transistors and the transformer?
The Multimeter is to test the polarity on the connector of the power supply.

I think it was false, and. Then 10a are a problem, because the transistors only can take 3a, but only in the right direction.

I think the transistors should be changed and with a little luck there is nothing else burned.

The best to check after replacement would be a labor power suplly, where you can adjust to 0,5A.

The both transistors are the power Amp for the transformer input.

Apr 20, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #713 of 801
A month ago my loxjie died while I was trying to solder a button to turn on and off a fan. However, I realize after a while that the polarity of the cables was wrong and something started to smoke. I tried to reconnect it but none of the rails seem to work, i think that something is shorting but I can't find which component.
In yellow I quickly underlined what presents a tension but I don't know how to go on and check what the problem is. Does anyone know how to proceed?

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Apr 20, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #714 of 801
Omg, what have you done with the board, it looks like you have bitten the edge.

What you should check is if there is the ac voltage at the primary side of the little transformer, but you need a device that can measure ac voltages with a high frequency, the best would be a oscilloscope.
You can see the right voltage and kHz on one of the last sides of the thread.
If the voltage is ok you should check the both voltages on the secondary side of the transformer.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #715 of 801

What you should check is if there is the ac voltage at the primary side of the little transformer, but you need a device that can measure ac voltages with a high frequency, the best would be a oscilloscope.
If the voltage is ok you should check the both voltages on the secondary side of the transformer.

Yummy yummy I have a Loxjie in my tummy. Sorry couldn’t help myself if your looking for a replacement unit let me know.

Apr 20, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #716 of 801

For the hole by mistake I drilled it and then cut it out as best I could to verify that there are no tracks cut.

Last edited:
May 1, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #717 of 801
I finally managed to turn it on, however checking with the multimeter none of the rails seem to work except for the tube leds, maybe it's me that's doing it wrong. At no load the consumption is about 0.5w while with the tubes inserted it goes to 5w getting hot. I could not check if the audio came out but now I don't know how to go on.

Thanks for other tips

Jun 3, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #718 of 801
Quick question, I've purchased a ifi hip dac and plan on running it through the Loxjie P20 however no cables were included in the box. the data plug on the ifi is a male usb-A, are there cables that fit for usb-A to 3pin xlr? I found ingle ended 3 pin but no double ended? There are also plenty of usb-A to RCA floating around, will that just work as well? Any help would be excellent.

Jun 3, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #719 of 801
Quick question, I've purchased a ifi hip dac and plan on running it through the Loxjie P20 however no cables were included in the box. the data plug on the ifi is a male usb-A, are there cables that fit for usb-A to 3pin xlr? I found ingle ended 3 pin but no double ended? There are also plenty of usb-A to RCA floating around, will that just work as well? Any help would be excellent.
Hi Death Block
What I think your asking is are there any suitable audio cables? The USB connections you mention are just for the Hip DAC. As its iFi then there is a balanced output on a 4.4mm 'Pentacon' connector and you can use that to feed the XLR inputs of the Loxjie. These are always going to work out more expensive than the single ended solution of 3.5mm stereo jack to twin RCA. I can't vouch for the quality but here's an example of the former...https://www.amazon.com/4-4mm-Balanced-Headphone-Adapter-Silver/dp/B07WSRRN1X

Jun 3, 2022 at 11:00 AM Post #720 of 801
Hi Death Block
What I think your asking is are there any suitable audio cables? The USB connections you mention are just for the Hip DAC. As its iFi then there is a balanced output on a 4.4mm 'Pentacon' connector and you can use that to feed the XLR inputs of the Loxjie. These are always going to work out more expensive than the single ended solution of 3.5mm stereo jack to twin RCA. I can't vouch for the quality but here's an example of the former...https://www.amazon.com/4-4mm-Balanced-Headphone-Adapter-Silver/dp/B07WSRRN1X
seems like a simple solution. At what levels should the 4.4 balanced out be fed into the P20?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back