Low distortions neutral IEMs?
Mar 21, 2021 at 4:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

anli

100+ Head-Fier
Hi!
I'm happy with Tin HiFi P1 as far as the IEMs are neutral and have got very low distortions: they permit to avoid dirty sound on dense live fragments (as symphonic orchestra tutti). But these IEMs have got low sensitivity (96 db) and is not very suitable for mobile using. I use them at home.
So I'm looking for IEMs at least as good as P1 in sounding (distortions-free and neutral) but more sensitive (and preferably up to $350).

Your suggestions?

Mar 23, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #3 of 6
Mar 23, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #4 of 6
moondrop is well known for its linear phase low distortion engineering, you will not regret.
There is a ranking list I found very trustworthy you can refer P1 as C grade, and blessing 2 as A grade, a totally different league one.
https://www.audiodiscourse.com/p/antdroid-iem-ranking-list.html
Thanks for the interesting ref! Unfortunately that opinionated ranking has nothing with my problem: I'm interested in easy focusing on different instruments in orchestra.

Mar 23, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for the interesting ref! Unfortunately that opinionated ranking has nothing with my problem: I'm interested in easy focusing on different instruments in orchestra.
Well, the attributes you mentioned is what “technicalities” mainly referred for any IEMs, with that said, blessing2 has better technicalities for the price range for you to focus on full orchestral, say one of Marhler’s, the polyphonic characters could be easily identified. Blessing2 has almost perfect tonality that simulates natural sounds, with highly above average technicalities to address instruments and harmonics. It has 117dB sensitivity too, easily operated with daily use players.

For that part, on easy focus on instruments on orchestra, “resolution “+ “wide sound stage” + “imaging capability” + “positioning “ will play the role.

For that I could refer blessing2 for very high standard player of the market for under $500.
Attached attributes analysis of blessing2.
1E303573-63F1-4CCD-9AF8-F65B97ABD787.png

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #6 of 6
For that part, on easy focus on instruments on orchestra, “resolution “+ “wide sound stage” + “imaging capability” + “positioning “ will play the role.
I mean something another rather some relation to scene reproduction (which is impossible, only artificial scene is possible).

There is an psycho-acoustics fact known as "masking". In real life the fact takes place everywhere, and our ears are "adjusted" to some level of masking.
Distortions result in masking increasing. That is saying about focusing on concrete instrument I mean the last one must not be overmasked. You see,
it takes place with mono reproduction also and has indirect only correlation with scene (or SPL frequency signature).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back