Loving my m50s for iphone. guys come in for some love.
Jan 22, 2011 at 8:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ziweiwu

100+ Head-Fier
I got M50s yesterday., I didn't burn in due to the fact I'd  like to enjoy my headphone asap. I went to my university today on transit which is 1 hour bus ride and subway. M50 plug into my iphone 3gs able to produce very nice volumn at about 60% max volumn. 
The bass is very very tight as I played an drum  game on my way , and muscial performance so far is alright. I wouldn'\t say it's super super good since I had a xb500 before. BUT the sound stage and clarity is amazing. vocal is bit harsh with some high pitch female singer voice like faye Wang, but it's bearable. 

What amazes me is the build quality, the cable is very thick, the twisting mechanism is very convienent when you want to wear a hoody and leave your headphone on your neck as the phones would just lie flat on your upper chest. I like that design very much. I had to wrap my 3 metre long cable to about 1m but then I made a circle of loops and ties up nicely. thought it took me sometimes to figure where the best position for looping. 

Anyone thinking about m50. I can tell you amp is not needed for iphone.   Comfort level is 2nd to none. XB500 was very uncomfortable for me due the excess padding and heat, It amazes me that m50 seem like a standard full size headphone but somehow doesn't put much pressure on my glasses ear. 

I give this headphone a score of 9.5 /10

Jan 22, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #4 of 9
You usually burn in at volumes just above usually listening level. I just got mine about 2 days ago and they are still burning in (I'm just listening to them rather then leaving them playing overnight) and man its already a huge difference with only about 10 hours or less on them. At one point the bass just magically appeared and the soundstage was beyond epic straight out of the box too.

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #6 of 9
having listened to my friends 3gs 32gb with my M50 I was blown away.  Now im selling my Zunes and Sony X series. Could not believe the power I was getting unamped to my M50 from the Iphone. Maybe its jsut a good match with that and the M50 but I gained more respect for Apple. I still hate their proprietery setup.

Feb 1, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
The bass is there for me let's burn in for another 200 hours and see. haha. 

Why 200 hrs? 

Just report back once they reach the first 50 hours of burn in. 
wink.gif

Feb 1, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #8 of 9
I have both the Zune and the Iphone, and several other MP3 players as well. To my ears,  the  Zune has much better sound then the Iphone. Listening through my Westone 3, Sennheiser IE8, or se530 I can really tell the difference.

Feb 1, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #9 of 9
I recently got rid of my iPhone and picked up an iPod touch to replace it and it seems to power my M50s better then the iPhone :S (I guess thats a good thing :p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back