Love the Grado SR325e so far, but they aren't very comfortable.
Oct 29, 2019 at 11:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jacul

New Head-Fier
I really love the sound texture. I like how clear the sound is. But the problem is I can't wear them for too long. Especially I'm also wearing glasses, and the clamping headphones just hurt me after half an hour.

So are there any headphones out there that have similar sound, but more comfortable than SR325e? Ideally over-ear headphones. I wouldn't mind if they are slightly pricer than SR325e.

Your recommendation is well appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Oct 30, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #2 of 5
I really love the sound texture. I like how clear the sound is. But the problem is I can't wear them for too long. Especially I'm also wearing glasses, and the clamping headphones just hurt me after half an hour.

Did you adjust the clamp force and shape of the headband? Bend it inwards at the center to make it wider, extend the drivers out from the gimbals more, then bend in the headband near the ends so they can still kind of clamp on your head.

Or order the Headphile C-Pads, adapters for Beyer earpads, that way the pads themselves won't sit at the same points on your ears and on the eyeglass earpieces.

Note: you have to adjust as described above when using the C-Pads.

Oct 30, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #3 of 5
K240 Sextetts. Better than Grados,and cheaper,but need lots of power.
Also ATH AD2000s.

Oct 30, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #4 of 5
Did you adjust the clamp force and shape of the headband? Bend it inwards at the center to make it wider, extend the drivers out from the gimbals more, then bend in the headband near the ends so they can still kind of clamp on your head.

Or order the Headphile C-Pads, adapters for Beyer earpads, that way the pads themselves won't sit at the same points on your ears and on the eyeglass earpieces.

Note: you have to adjust as described above when using the C-Pads.

I'll try adjusting the shape.

K240 Sextetts. Better than Grados,and cheaper,but need lots of power.
Also ATH AD2000s.

Not a huge fan of AKG or ATH.. Is DT990 any close to 325e?

Oct 31, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #5 of 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back