Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Nothing at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 22, 2018 at 1:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Ps4user16

New Head-Fier
Hello guys I've been really impressed with my first Open-Back Headphones (ATH-AD700X). I am in no way an audiophile, but have been lurking the forums and specifically bought these headphones for gaming use only.

Now I want to step outside with them but the cables are super long unfortunately .

I am in no way ready to make a detachable mod though I'm willing to learn or pay for service in Toronto if anything is available.

However I'm looking at these safer methods and would like to shorten the cables either these ways but I'd like to know if they would be safe or ruin my cables.

I own a heat gun sort of interested in the coiling method...

However I read this and I'm kind of confused even more lol
p.png

Than saw this reply so I'm just confused
p.png

Or this Chain Snit method.

I'm actually pretty terrified of braiding my cables scared I might go too tight on them but these look awesome.

I'm actually pretty scared of all these methods and I'm leaning more towards the Coiling methods for not only the aesthetics but also the practicality of being able to stretch my coiled cable if I ever did need that 3metre 9"8 cable ... Please reply and let me know of any do or dont's.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 3
Daisy coiling: Pros - Non permanent. Shouldn't cause 'memory bends'. Cons - coils are too big and ugly and coils can still get tangled slightly.

Coil: Pros - Extendable cables. Cons - Irreversible. Tangles or reverse coils can be tricky to fix. Cable becomes heavy.

Braid: Pros - Non permanent. Cons - Can cause 'memory bends', entire cable becomes heavy.

I would suggest simply bunching up the excess cable in a standard 'figure of 8' fashion and tie it off with a velcro-cable-tie.
This keeps the majority of the cable weight at the end of the cable together with your DAP or phone - which is best kept in an easily accessible front pocket of a shoulder bag (for example).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back