Lots 'O Pics of the New Sony Qualia 010 *not for broadband challenged*
Apr 23, 2004 at 12:44 AM Post #46 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beto
But look! You get a headband that doubles as a cheese grater! Isn't that value?
biggrin.gif

LOL, personally I liked it because it reminds me of one of the arches you find in gardens, but if you wanna grate cheese and have 2500 available. I bet it works pretty well.

Apr 23, 2004 at 12:52 AM Post #47 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
Wow, you're building a really nice collection fast!

weeeee....
biggrin.gif

I came here with a L3000, W2002, W11JPN... and now a month later I have ordered a PS-1, two HP-2's... I don't even want to think what may happen in another month or so.

Apr 23, 2004 at 1:05 AM Post #49 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy
If the NYT article someone posted yesterday is correct, these will be available in the US through the Manhattan Qualia store. Apparently they'll even take phone orders. So there probably isn't any reason to order from overseas (unless they're cheaper).

I quess I wll have to take a trip into Manhattan to put an ear on them, I am sure I won't be the only Headfier in Ny to make that trek.

Apr 23, 2004 at 1:39 AM Post #50 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
I quess I wll have to take a trip into Manhattan to put an ear on them, I am sure I won't be the only Headfier in Ny to make that trek.

Indeed. I will go there also. It's like right in my back yard.

Apr 23, 2004 at 2:07 AM Post #51 of 59
Good if you make the trip I would love to hear your impressions. Heh, this could start another headphone rush...

Apr 23, 2004 at 3:48 AM Post #52 of 59
no one is going to the Sony Building in Tokyo other than me? we can have a Head-Fi mini gathering and enjoy the Qualia 010 together. I would love to have another one there to give impressions on it since I haven't been into this whole headphone testing thing for that long.

Apr 23, 2004 at 4:46 AM Post #53 of 59
I wonder if Audiocubes will have these for sale. Though if Qualia sells over the phone, maybe it won't matter. I was gonna drop money on an old pre-amp, but with this on the horizon, I guess I'll wait.

Apr 23, 2004 at 5:31 AM Post #55 of 59
"But why did they choose such an ugly old fart for the pic?"

My guess is that either this guy was one of the designers of the 010 or they were going for the look of a sophisticated, European gentlemen, who you can imagine sitting behind the wheel of a Jag. But those are just guesses.

Apr 23, 2004 at 8:18 AM Post #57 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoner
The 3rd photo concludes once and for all my opinion of this new Sony HP: ugly and very very disturbing. And why did they get an old guy to wear that thing? Man, you're old, you can't hear anything past the 5,000 Hz frequency! Now give me those cans so I can sell them on ebay.

I'll put my money on a meridian source thank you very much.

Hey, personally, I think that old man looks damn pimpin
smily_headphones1.gif
The phones themselves look pretty tight too, very futuristic artsy--though it is a pity that you can only buy them in two spaces, and have to use a custom headband instead of something adjustable
rolleyes.gif

Apr 23, 2004 at 8:51 AM Post #59 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
no one is going to the Sony Building in Tokyo other than me? we can have a Head-Fi mini gathering and enjoy the Qualia 010 together. I would love to have another one there to give impressions on it since I haven't been into this whole headphone testing thing for that long.

If you're buying the ticket, I'll go with you!
biggrin.gif

Dude! TWO HP2's? Are you collecting headphones like they're comic books? One to keep in storage, the other to listen to?

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back