Lotoo's new product: Lotoo Paw Pico, a 27g ultra-portable music player, DSD compatible, Bluetooth
Feb 6, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #122 of 242
Got one with me from CJ NYC for review, need to do some testing when I get around, hopefully will share initial impression sometimes this week.  It's TINY!!!

Btw, I know we talked about $200 price tag, but some posted links where it's being sold for $130 (I think on taobao?).

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #123 of 242
Got one with me from CJ NYC for review, need to do some testing when I get around, hopefully will share initial impression sometimes this week.  It's TINY!!!

Btw, I know we talked about $200 price tag, but some posted links where it's being sold for $130 (I think on taobao?).

Glad they gave you one to review.Does it support Flac and DSD64?
Really interested in the battery life amoung other things :grin:

Feb 6, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #124 of 242

Glad they gave you one to review.Does it support Flac and DSD64?
Really interested in the battery life amoung other things :grin:

I'm pretty sure it had many formats listed as supported, will check when I get home.  I don't want to post anything about the sound yet since I had a very short listening session.  Will do more tonight.  It's a bit weird without a display, and I have a feeling when corresponding app becomes available (or maybe it's already available, maybe in Chinese?), will unlock it's full potentials.  After all, this little guy is intended for people with active lifestyle, comes with a clip and armband, and has built in GPS and Motion sensor.  32GB internal memory is plenty to take it with you on the go standalone.  I think the battery was rated at 12hrs, but have to check (don't quote me on that).  The build is very solid, and the volume wheel has a subtle click action.  It definitely has a quality you come to expect from Lotoo.  So, I think the main intent of PICO is to appeal to those who want to use it during exercising/outdoors/on-the-go, but they wanted to take it to the next level with a higher sound quality.  For sure, it stands out from the crowd.

Feb 6, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #125 of 242
http://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?spm=a21ct.8237742.nowitems.12&id=544493076535

Might be time for a Mister Tao order

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #128 of 242

http://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?spm=a21ct.8237742.nowitems.12&id=544493076535

Might be time for a Mister Tao order

DSD128 with only 32 GB memory is a joke.Why not include a micro SD slot?

To keep the size small, I assume.  And when I say it's small, I mean it's tiny and thin.  Adding a card reader will bulk up the thickness because you can't expand the length.  Also, as we have learned from a few recent DAP releases where they switched from dual to single uSD slots - it also consumes battery.  So, considering original intention of PICO, to keep it small, slim, and light - they went with internal memory.  Good question about DSD support, and I think the answer will be once app is available.  I didn't get the full story from Michael (Lotoo) since I was in a rush, but it's not just about decoding internal storage but I think also about streaming from your phone (if I'm not mistaken), so it's a plus to be able to support DSD decoding
wink.gif

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #129 of 242
They should add msd before release asap!!!!!!:scream:

It's already released, Mo
wink.gif
  Just not in US or other countries yet.  Many Chinese releases start in mainland to make sure hw is working ok and there is no need for recall (international recalls could be costly).  That's why you see all these initial releases in small batches and in China only.  Then, once they get initial feedback and everything is green lighted, they build 2nd batch and distribute it worldwide.  At least many manufacturers follow this route.  I assume here (with PICO) the accompanying app could have as much value as the dap itself, but without the app - you can still use PICO as standalone mini screenless DAP

Feb 8, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #130 of 242
When it comes to sound quality, there is nothing "pico" about this little guy.  First impressions coming soon, but for now I'm just gonna leave you with this:

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #133 of 242
Feb 19, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #135 of 242

Just posted my full review HERE.  Will mirror it on head-fi soon.

Thank you for providing the full review :slight_smile:
Your review has got me interested in this Pico.
Currently, I have owned a few daps (shozy alien, colorfly c3, fiio m3) that I used for sports.

I hope you can help to answer a few questions.
1. How is the transfer of song files using a pc? Is it slow like typical smartphone mtp file transfer when transferring large files?
2. Are the transferred song files in proper order or we need to use some 3rd party software like drive sort to sort out the order of files and songs?
3. Since this Is screenless and does not use album art or other metadata, do we have to strip those off (using MP3 tag for example) , to avoid unpleasant  pop/noise between tracks?
4. I supposed there will be a low battery indicator (like LED turned orange or red), but how much juice would be remained available (like 1min or 30 more mins ) before it totally power off?
5. Thank you :slight_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back