Lotoo PAW S2 USB DAC AMP 150 mW@32 ohm 4.4 , MQA - New Firmware released 26 January 2.0.0.5 link added first post.
Feb 6, 2024 at 7:40 AM Post #436 of 443
Can you guys confirm that the S2 can run win10 without installing any drivers?
As I remember, Windows automatically installs the appropriate driver when you plug the S2 in, cannot re-check it since I do not own S2 anymore, but all dongles I used are always plug and play without manually installing the driver.

Feb 6, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #437 of 443
I'm going to be listing mine on the Classified forum this week for a good price, if anyone here is interested. I'll include the leather case and an extra OTG cable. Pristine condition.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 9:03 PM Post #439 of 443
Can you guys confirm that the S2 can run win10 without installing any drivers?

If, and/or when, you get to Windows 11, don't worry, it's supported without drivers.

Feb 6, 2024 at 9:46 PM Post #440 of 443
Interesting you brought up win11 and thanks for the feedback. I have my win10 dialed up to the max. 22 processes are running along with 240 tasks during playback. It's as quiet as a church mouse. It took me some time and suffering to get there though. Not sure how much improvement I'd experience with 11 but I just can't stop thinking about it...

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #441 of 443
Taken by the many new dongles that I added to my collection, I had left the PAW S2 aside a bit, but I must say that it has nothing to envy of more fashionable and more expensive dongles. Perhaps the only weak point is represented by the amplification not at the level of the best, but honestly this is not a problem for me because I always use it coupled with the RA2BFE which I also use with the other dongles. The PAW S2, for its part, has a truly particular and very engaging sound, soft but detailed, perfect in its slightly dark tone which however manages to highlight the voices and instruments in a truly convincing and emotional way especially if coupled with very balanced and revealing iems such as the Mest MKII, the PULA PA02 and the Jewel. Truly remarkable and an excellent tool to appreciate the correctness of the tone expressed by the Lotoo... truly an excellent dongle which for today's prices is not even extremely expensive. Great rediscovery!!!

PawPula.jpg

Apr 18, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #443 of 443
dont think so.. luxury and precision allows it.. its funny i have P2 for iphone just to be able to forward and rewind songs without looking at the screen and granular voice control and L&P W2 for mac where I disable the dongle volume and control the volume from the mac directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back