Lotoo PAW S1 - Designed for HIFI on the go with Lotoo PAW quality and the first USB DAC-AMP with dual 3.5mm & 4.4mm output
Mar 1, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #1,697 of 2,329
S1 is very good, bit because of the competition from Luxury and Precision W2, Lotoo has no choice but to come out with S2 dual DAC USB dongle with higher power output.
The technology is moving fast.
Hey, don't make me desire next product whereas I haven't yet tried current product 😜

Mar 1, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #1,698 of 2,329
Even my Qudelix 5k yet has dual dac on balanced out, so I agree this seems to become standard.
Am curious how S1 will sound against Qudelix.
Qudelix can only play up to 24/96khz.
Though Qudelix has dual dac I am expecting an SQ update with S1 hopefully...

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #1,699 of 2,329
Dual dac doesn't necessarily mean "better" than single dac. Also, you should consider what you gonna plug in. If you use low impedance IEMs the S1 will be enough powerful. Otherwise, if you use power-hungry headphones you need more powerful dongle or portable dac/amp.
My Fiio BTR5 has more juice for example.

Mar 1, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #1,700 of 2,329
Dual dac doesn't necessarily mean "better" than single dac. Also, you should consider what you gonna plug in. If you use low impedance IEMs the S1 will be enough powerful. Otherwise, if you use power-hungry headphones you need more powerful dongle or portable dac/amp.
My Fiio BTR5 has more juice for example.
Main use case will be Andromeda Gold.
For interest I will also try my 24 Ohm Denon Ah D9200.
Both are running balanced.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #1,701 of 2,329
Main use case will be Andromeda Gold.
For interest I will also try my 24 Ohm Denon Ah D9200.
Both are running balanced.
My Andro Golds sound very good with the S1 with my Penon Leo Plus balanced cables, but I find it's even more sensitive to EMI with the balanced cable. If you're careful about avoid sources of interference, it's great.

Mar 1, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #1,702 of 2,329
My Andro Golds sound very good with the S1 with my Penon Leo Plus balanced cables, but I find it's even more sensitive to EMI with the balanced cable. If you're careful about avoid sources of interference, it's great.
Interesting with EMI
Never had EMI issues with my
balanced cable with e.g Qudelix attached streaming through WLAN and answering calls with built-in microphone.
S1 will arrive tomorrow. Will post my impressions some time this week

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #1,704 of 2,329
Hmmm wondering what is the weak point in the chain for EMI if you say it's happening mostly in balanced operation.
Is it the cable, the higher voltage, the missing isolation of the S1 balanced port?
But will need to collect my own experience first before I am speculating

Mar 1, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #1,706 of 2,329
Hmmm wondering what is the weak point in the chain for EMI if you say it's happening mostly in balanced operation.
Is it the cable, the higher voltage, the missing isolation of the S1 balanced port?
But will need to collect my own experience first before I am speculating
I am using one of the most sensitive IEMs out there which picks up hissing with every source. Then, I switched from Campfire stock cable which has plastic plug/connector housing to another cable with metal plug/connector housing to have a conductive antenna connecting S1 through its 4.4 BAL jack and to cable plug going to cable connector and metal shell of Solaris. That antenna will be picking up everything. And 3rd, I am using iPhone 12 Pro which everybody finds as the biggest source of EMI interference...
You can order the W2 now :)
Where when I am not in China? Thanks

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #1,707 of 2,329
I am using one of the most sensitive IEMs out there which picks up hissing with every source. Then, I switched from Campfire stock cable which has plastic plug/connector housing to another cable with metal plug/connector housing to have a conductive antenna connecting S1 through its 4.4 BAL jack and to cable plug going to cable connector and metal shell of Solaris. That antenna will be picking up everything. And 3rd, I am using iPhone 12 Pro which everybody finds as the biggest source of EMI interference...

Where when I am not in China? Thanks
Ali will send it to your home.

Mar 1, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #1,708 of 2,329

Attachments

• C4ECC273-4D9F-4FDB-8883-08170C3CB4AE.png
    C4ECC273-4D9F-4FDB-8883-08170C3CB4AE.png
    204.4 KB · Views: 0
Mar 1, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #1,709 of 2,329
iPhone 12Pro --> Paw S1 --> Penon OS849 4.4 balanced --> CA Solaris 2020 --------> super huuuuge EMI 😏

Waiting for L&P W2 with hope...

Quite a few people reported already, between comments I read here and a number of my readers pinging me in private, iPhone 12Pro/MAX is a culprit of the EMI problem. They switch to iPhone 8 or android phone, and problem goes away or EMI is a lot less noticeable. Of course, not an excuse since in theory you want usb dac/amp to be universal with every source. I assume when you try it with your laptop, you don't hear the same EMI level? or older iPhones or other Android phones?

Mar 1, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #1,710 of 2,329
I will try with my IPhone11Pro once I got S1 tomorrow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back