Lotoo PAW S1 - Designed for HIFI on the go with Lotoo PAW quality and the first USB DAC-AMP with dual 3.5mm & 4.4mm output
Feb 5, 2021 at 4:37 AM Post #1,654 of 2,329
So, I've been trying out the update with mqa via tidal using uapp (lg v20).... The mqa can't seem to be consistently enabled by the time the next track plays....is it because of my hardware (lg v20) or software (android pie, uapp) or is it my connection? Here's what I mean.... It looks like it's trying to enable mqa, but it defaults back to pcm...

https://streamable.com/7os79u
(To be clear, I am not pressing the FN buttom in the video.)

I also tried using the tidal android app and mqa isn't being automatically enabled...

Edit:

Damn it. Quick fix is to enable BIT PERFECT MODE in uapp. Don't pick 'when possible'.

Still couldn't get mqa to enable when using the android tidal app.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #1,657 of 2,329
Is Lightning to USB C cable included, or do I need to buy one?
If so, can you recommend me one?
Rhe only that that I've seen qork is the one from Lotoo. Ordsr from Musitek

Feb 5, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #1,658 of 2,329
So, I've been trying out the update with mqa via tidal using uapp (lg v20).... The mqa can't seem to be consistently enabled by the time the next track plays....is it because of my hardware (lg v20) or software (android pie, uapp) or is it my connection? Here's what I mean.... It looks like it's trying to enable mqa, but it defaults back to pcm...

I also tried using the tidal android app and mqa isn't being automatically enabled...

Edit:

Damn it. Quick fix is to enable BIT PERFECT MODE in uapp. Don't pick 'when possible'.

Can't enable MQA using tidal app on Android phone. No Android bypasses Android sample rate conversion to USB DAC

Feb 5, 2021 at 5:14 AM Post #1,659 of 2,329
Is Lightning to USB C cable included, or do I need to buy one?
If so, can you recommend me one?

I am using the woo audio custom usb c cable (Termination: 90mm, Lightning decoding to USB-C) when I am using ios... They're a bit pricy tho at 49 usd. Other than that the only other cable that works is the one sold by lotoo.

Feb 5, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #1,661 of 2,329

Edit:

Tidal app uses the Android audio stack and won’t output bit perfect stream that is required for any MQA enabled DAC.

Feb 5, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #1,662 of 2,329
Hi! I would like to know if there is much different regarding sound quality with the Dragonfly Cobalt. I have the DF but the Lotto and its balanced output catch my attention. Thanks a lot for the help!
I haven't heard the dragonfly cobalt, but the S1 is superior in many ways and some will agree with me.
I am curious about the W2 when it comes out and probably keep them both.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #1,664 of 2,329
Hi! I would like to know if there is much different regarding sound quality with the Dragonfly Cobalt. I have the DF but the Lotto and its balanced output catch my attention. Thanks a lot for the help!
I was a longtime cobalt user and wrote a comparative post a few pages back. I'd give the S1 the edge for musicality and the dfc the edge for dynamism. Both great, but happier with the S1 at the moment, especially with balanced output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back