Lotoo PAW S1 - Designed for HIFI on the go with Lotoo PAW quality and the first USB DAC-AMP with dual 3.5mm & 4.4mm output
Sep 30, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #1,171 of 2,329
Sep 30, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #1,174 of 2,329
Damn, the more I listen to it, the more I like it, awesome how small it is but how powerful can be, amazing, really. Im thinking seriously to apart (even maybe drop) my DX220 as this small piece its more portable and it works like a charm with all iDevices that I have, including Nintendo Switch on Game mode !

What did you do to get it to work on the Switch? I tried it and it didn't work for me.

Sep 30, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #1,176 of 2,329
Agreed. Anyone here know if Lotoo has anyone on HF we can make the request to?
@Hana Yu works for Lotoo, but I am not sure if she has been able to get set up to be active again. I hope she can because she is really nice to have around.
Any Mac users in this thread using this device? Any compatibility issues running this from USB? I assume not, but figured I'd ask anyway.
I use it with my Macbook Pro (Mid 2012) running Catalina and it works fine, no issues at all.

Sep 30, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #1,177 of 2,329
What did you do to get it to work on the Switch? I tried it and it didn't work for me.
Do this for Switch:

How to Use UAC1 Mode:-
Hold the “+” key on Lotoo PAW S1 then connect to the gaming device, “UAC1 MODE” will be shown on S1 during booting.

Reconnect without “+” key held will switch back to normal mode(UAC2).

Please Note:-
In UAC1 Mode,Audio spec is fixed to 48KHz/16bit and no DoP is supported.

Oct 1, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #1,178 of 2,329
Today i received the cable that few posts ago one colleague shared with us and yes, i confirm that the cable works. I dont like the fact that the cable itself its not braided than the original one but its a little bit longer. In any case, this is not a problem at all, i mean, being more soft it makes more easy to carry into the pocket and prevents to brake or strangle the cable so there is a pro and con at the same time depending on who you ask. In any case, its good to know that there are different options out of the original one that works with this little monster, more than happy with the buy !!

Now Im waiting for the electric tape to unmount it, seal inside and avoid future electrical noises

Oct 2, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #1,181 of 2,329
I haven’t been able to test this at the moment, but can I connect the S1 to my N6ii and then use my dap purely as a transport?

If so is this just plug and play or do I need to change any settings?

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #1,183 of 2,329
I haven’t been able to test this at the moment, but can I connect the S1 to my N6ii and then use my dap purely as a transport?

If so is this just plug and play or do I need to change any settings?

No need to change anything, just plug and play, and in this case you can adjust the volume both from N6ii and from S1.

Oct 3, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #1,184 of 2,329
So I’m doing my first listen of the S1. I’m using my N6ii as transport. I actually got the S1 to use with my MacBook Pro, but...hmm, I was too lazy to reach for it on this occasion 🙄

Straight out of the box, with no burn in, it sounds really good. If that is Lotoo’s house sound then I’m liking it. On the whole it seems fairly neutral but is already showing some detail. I think it needs to play more as it doesn’t feel fully there just yet.

Oct 3, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #1,185 of 2,329
I’m very surprised that people can hear the difference in sound after “burn in” on this S1 dongle. What parts of S1 board would improve the SQ over time ? It is not a tube amp were tubes and capacitors might need a bit of time to reach it’s full potential. I have never heard SQ improvement in any similar portable amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back