Lotoo PAW S1 - Designed for HIFI on the go with Lotoo PAW quality and the first USB DAC-AMP with dual 3.5mm & 4.4mm output
Aug 11, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #901 of 2,329
Anyone with an iPadPro 2018 can comment if they are finding the same as me?

It seems that I get significantly less power on my iPad into the S1 than compared to my phone or PC. On my PC high gain on 1 vol is usually too loud but on my iPad I need to crank it up to 20.
Lightning connector? yes, it has a super weak power output compared to USB c, 2019 ipad pro (usb C) has the same output as my MBP (2016) but from my iPhone x output is weak and need to be cranked up always

Aug 11, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #903 of 2,329
My Asus laptop that runs windows 7 64 bit ultimate has the headphones jack broken, at least I assume, as there is not sound output in headphones no matter what I've tried.
Luckily since I got the Lotoo Paw S1, not only I can use the headphones again, but the sound is much better. Such a tiny and powerful USB DAC and amplifier without internal battery.
Definitely one of the must buy items of the year if you care about good sound in a tiny device and the thickness of your wallet will stay pretty much the same.. 🙂

Aug 11, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #904 of 2,329
I'm really considering the P1. Is it true that the P1 sounds flat or boring with low-res files (I would use Spotify only).

This is just what I read on its review over at headfonia. Is it worth it going for it, although I would only listen to Spotify over something like the BTR5

Aug 11, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #905 of 2,329
I'm really considering the P1. Is it true that the P1 sounds flat or boring with low-res files (I would use Spotify only).

This is just what I read on its review over at headfonia. Is it worth it going for it, although I would only listen to Spotify over something like the BTR5

Yes, P1 is flat and boring. You should consider S1 instead :D

Aug 11, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #907 of 2,329
Thanks for sharing this.
Weird. Linsoul is usually legit.
Sent them a message to inquire.
Paid with PayPal, so not too worried.

Wait, did you send message to Linsoul or Lotoo? Cause I just saw Lotoo posted on their FB a letter that they have been asked about popular retailers hifigo and linsoul, and they are not authorized to sell S1 and the warranty will be invalid.

Aug 11, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #908 of 2,329
O sorry : ), thinking about too many things at the same time, I did mean the S1.

I know the the S1 is neutral, but essentially what I'm asking, is it worth going for the S1, considering I'm streaming from Spotify over some Bluetooth DACs, purely on SQ

I was just busting your chops, m8 :) I guess it will depend, for those who don't want to be wired to their phone, they will choose wireless BT dac/amp. Others who don't mind being wired, or don't want to charge another battery, and want access to Lotoo PEQ presets, will go for S1. I personally don't have too many wireless dac/amps for comparison, but hopefully someone else can chime in.

Aug 11, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #909 of 2,329
here is Lotoo's official statement regarding unauthorised retailers

WechatIMG445.jpeg

Aug 12, 2020 at 6:45 AM Post #910 of 2,329
Wait, did you send message to Linsoul or Lotoo? Cause I just saw Lotoo posted on their FB a letter that they have been asked about popular retailers hifigo and linsoul, and they are not authorized to sell S1 and the warranty will be invalid.

Linsoul replied and blatantly told me they're an authorized dealer for Lotoo. What a mess. I reached out back to them and shared the Lotoo's FB post.
1597228820199.png

On Lotoo side, I live in Canada and they don't list an authorized dealer for this region. Does it mean the only way to buy the unit is from an un-authorized reseller?

I could buy from musicteck but they charge $50(!) for shipping and are only authorized for USA per the shared URL. Does it mean I'm technically not covered then either?

If something's wrong with the unit, will Lotoo actually pay for shpping to China (or wherever their warehouse is) from Canada if I did buy from authorized seller?

Would it great to get these answers from Lotoo but I don't use social media so not sure how to reach them on this.

Aug 12, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #912 of 2,329
O sorry : ), thinking about too many things at the same time, I did mean the S1.

I know the the S1 is neutral, but essentially what I'm asking, is it worth going for the S1, considering I'm streaming from Spotify over some Bluetooth DACs, purely on SQ

If you are already using bluetooth dac/amp like fiio BTR5/UP4 than S1 will not bring much of a difference. I’ve tested S1 with few different IEM’s/ headphones using spotify/youtube and failed to recognise S1 against bluetooth dac/amp in the blind test, maybe with critical listening it can be done... What S1 brings to the table is it’s EQ presets. Few of them increases sound quality and adjusts sound signature more to my taste. I really start to feel sounds popping out everywhere and being layered in the way better picture than my UP4 can do. These BT dac/amps are decent gizmos that makes sound cleaner/better controlled and louder than your phone, but find the right EQ preset with S1 and it can easily push your headphones to punch above it’s class

Aug 12, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #913 of 2,329
You could try contacting @Hana Yu who is the official Lotoo rep on Head-Fi.
Also, I'd suggest reaching out to Andrew at MusicTeck and querying the shipping fees.
From what I've heard, he's friendly and helpful, and I'm sure he'd do his best to help or steer you in the right direction :)

Instead of PM'ing, it'd be great for @Hana Yu to reply here publicly. The authorized sellers issue appears to be a hot topic considering Lotoo put out a letter.

http://www.lotoo.cn/english/Sales_Network/
- If a customer living in a country not listed but buys from one of the listed agents - is full warranty applicable? E.g. I'm in Canada and buy from Musicteck which is listed as the agent for USA.

- If a customer makes a purchase from authorized seller, would Lotoo pay for two-way shipping internationally if service has to be performed?

Thanks in advance.

Aug 12, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #914 of 2,329
My bad, I meant the 2019 version, it has USB C. Output in my iPhone XS is louder than my iPad.
2019 iPad Pro 11" here, and I do not see the behavior you're reporting. I run my S1 at the same volume with my MBP and my iPad over USB-C. With my iPhone XS over Lightning, I usually have to raise the volume a little (less than 5) to get the same sound level. I'm using the Lotoo USB-C and Lightning cables.

Aug 12, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #915 of 2,329
2019 iPad Pro 11" here, and I do not see the behavior you're reporting. I run my S1 at the same volume with my MBP and my iPad over USB-C. With my iPhone XS over Lightning, I usually have to raise the volume a little (less than 5) to get the same sound level. I'm using the Lotoo USB-C and Lightning cables.

Interesting, could be my iPad that’s the problem then. With a windows laptop the USB C cable works fine as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back