Lotoo PAW S1 - Designed for HIFI on the go with Lotoo PAW quality and the first USB DAC-AMP with dual 3.5mm & 4.4mm output
Jun 4, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #256 of 2,329
I'm new to this forum, but I do have a Fiio BTR5 and a Lotoo PAW S1 as well as Focal Stellia headphones. In reference to the prior question regarding the ES100 vs. Lotoo, I have read that the BTR5 is comparable or maybe a slight sound quality improvement vs. the E100. So hopefully my perspective will help. Vs the Lotoo, the BTR5 sounds much more bloated in the bass which tends to swamp out some of the nuance in music. The PAW S1 has a much more crystalline quality to the sound. You can notice this clearly with pop music that has a lot of bass. It also shows with orchestral music, as the BTR5 tends to gloss over some of the differences across the string sections, for instance. This is with the BTR5 connected via USB-C to my laptop. The Lotoo also works pretty well with my iphone as it passes even 192khz through with the lightning adapter I got from Lotoo. I haven't had the time yet to figure out how to use the BTR5 with an iphone, it seems dead set on connecting only via bluetooth.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #257 of 2,329
I'm new to this forum, but I do have a Fiio BTR5 and a Lotoo PAW S1 as well as Focal Stellia headphones. In reference to the prior question regarding the ES100 vs. Lotoo, I have read that the BTR5 is comparable or maybe a slight sound quality improvement vs. the E100. So hopefully my perspective will help. Vs the Lotoo, the BTR5 sounds much more bloated in the bass which tends to swamp out some of the nuance in music. The PAW S1 has a much more crystalline quality to the sound. You can notice this clearly with pop music that has a lot of bass. It also shows with orchestral music, as the BTR5 tends to gloss over some of the differences across the string sections, for instance. This is with the BTR5 connected via USB-C to my laptop. The Lotoo also works pretty well with my iphone as it passes even 192khz through with the lightning adapter I got from Lotoo. I haven't had the time yet to figure out how to use the BTR5 with an iphone, it seems dead set on connecting only via bluetooth.

Mmm sounds promising, I really don't know what I'm waiting more anymore...to get laid or Lotoo S1 to arrive, cmon jaben audio send it :)

Jun 4, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #259 of 2,329
I have both the Lotoo S1 and the iFi Hip DAC on the way and can share impressions and comparisons between the two devices if anyone is interested. From what I have read about the S1 so far it seems pretty promising and can't wait to test it out
I'll be happy to read your opinion since I'm debating which one to get. So far I'm leading towards S1

Jun 4, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #260 of 2,329
i don t have a 2001. I ll try tomorrow with my dunu 3001 pro.

yes,i only have my P30 pro,tomorrow arrives a LGV30+ as a main player. and my doongles and my Earstudio E100 for bth ..Nothing more

Best regards

Sisco
I do have the DK-2001 and they sound superb paired with my S1. Very pleased with the genre versatility. The 2001 has proven to be an excellent all-arounder!

Jun 4, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #261 of 2,329
I do have the DK-2001 and they sound superb paired with my S1. Very pleased with the genre versatility. The 2001 has proven to be an excellent all-arounder!
Have you heard the 3001 Pro with S1? I am trying to decide between the two. Also they must work great with movies with deep bass and very comfortable for long time.

Jun 4, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #263 of 2,329
I contacted Jaben as I’m also waiting on my S1 order to be shipped. They told me their stock should arrive early next week.

Thanks seems at least a minimum 1-2month to wait for me I need to stop reading this thread as it just makes more difficult to be patient

Jun 4, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #265 of 2,329
Have you heard the 3001 Pro with S1? I am trying to decide between the two. Also they must work great with movies with deep bass and very comfortable for long time.
i haven't heard the 3001 but they go deep and are all-day comfy. Quite tip dependent.

Jun 4, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #266 of 2,329
EMI noise was too much for me when attached to my phone, so diy action had to be taken.
IMG_20200604_123747.jpg

Jun 4, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #267 of 2,329
EMI noise was too much for me when attached to my phone, so diy action had to be taken.
IMG_20200604_123747.jpg
i was about to start my rant about it, what did you stick on it?

Its incredible that a brand as ltp screwed up that, so much EFI, i cant stand it, in between the EFI and the damn volume on the device... after a bad day like the one i had... coming home and having lower volume parts in some albums just makes it unbearable with all the EFI. seriously What?

Jun 4, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #268 of 2,329
i was about to start my rant about it, what did you stick on it?

Its incredible that a brand as ltp screwed up that, so much EFI, i cant stand it, in between the EFI and the damn volume on the device... after a bad day like the one i had... coming home and having lower volume parts in some albums just makes it unbearable with all the EFI. seriously What?

I wrapped it up in TitanRF Faraday Tape, but I'm sure there are other options as well. But I agree, for a device that's meant to be connected to your phone there should have been better shielding imo.

Jun 4, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #269 of 2,329
I wrapped it up in TitanRF Faraday Tape, but I'm sure there are other options as well. But I agree, for a device that's meant to be connected to your phone there should have been better shielding imo.
Just to provide a counterpoint here. I have been using it fairly regularly with pretty sensitive IEMs (solaris 2020), and have only noticed the tinyest amount of RF interference. I should also say, its on an android phone, a oneplus 5t, so not sure if thats just less prone to generating interference?

Are you guys using balanced or se? I only ask because I know with the n6ii that I have, the balanced output (on the a01 board) was definitely more prone to interference than the single ended... something about it not being grounded, or something.

Also, the mojo, a super popular device that is also meant to be attached to phones is terrible for interference. So, doesnt quite seem to be a high priority among some equipment manufacturers.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #270 of 2,329
Just to provide a counterpoint here. I have been using it fairly regularly with pretty sensitive IEMs (solaris 2020), and have only noticed the tinyest amount of RF interference. I should also say, its on an android phone, a oneplus 5t, so not sure if thats just less prone to generating interference?

Are you guys using balanced or se? I only ask because I know with the n6ii that I have, the balanced output (on the a01 board) was definitely more prone to interference than the single ended... something about it not being grounded, or something.

Also, the mojo, a super popular device that is also meant to be attached to phones is terrible for interference. So, doesnt quite seem to be a high priority among some equipment manufacturers.

There are two cases where I have observed it relatively consistently. One is in the room where my router is, which is obviously very close to a lot of signals and maybe we can give it a pass, but other daps with better shielding have no issues. The other is when I am streaming music via 4G and the lotoo is connected to the back of my phone. This will vary on the phone and how strong of a signal there is. It gets louder when there is low connectivity. Also I don't hear really hear as much when streaming over wifi. For all of these situations, I am using IEMs with 111db/mw sensitivity via the 4.4mm balanced output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back