Lotoo PAW S1 - Designed for HIFI on the go with Lotoo PAW quality and the first USB DAC-AMP with dual 3.5mm & 4.4mm output
Jun 12, 2020 at 6:02 AM Post #347 of 2,329
Hello

Anyone tried using aftermarket cable (Lighting to USB-C, not CCK with USB-A) with S1?

I have one USB-C version reserved as waiting for the IOS version would be like ages. And heard hearsay that other cables except the ones from Lotoo is not compatible.

Thanks in advance of any feedbacks/suggestions.

Jun 12, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #348 of 2,329
And I heard so many good comments, will get the xdsd in the future, a friend of mine swears for it and I really liked what I heard

Thanks! xDSD is above the hip-dac on sound quality, plus it's wireless and we put a lot of effort to make its BT to sound good.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jun 12, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #350 of 2,329
Hello

Anyone tried using aftermarket cable (Lighting to USB-C, not CCK with USB-A) with S1?

I have one USB-C version reserved as waiting for the IOS version would be like ages. And heard hearsay that other cables except the ones from Lotoo is not compatible.

I tried the Apple OEM Lightning to USB-C cable and it does not work with the S1. The Lotoo cable only seems to work on the S1 and will not charge my iPhone. Given these results, it does appear that the Lotoo cable is specific to the S1 and vice a versa.

Jun 12, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #351 of 2,329
I tried the Apple OEM Lightning to USB-C cable and it does not work with the S1. The Lotoo cable only seems to work on the S1 and will not charge my iPhone. Given these results, it does appear that the Lotoo cable is specific to the S1 and vice a versa.

I believe the Apple OEM lightning to USB-C is not an OTG adapter (or combined Apple camera dongle cable). The Lotoo one is.

Jun 12, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #352 of 2,329
I believe the Apple OEM lightning to USB-C is not an OTG adapter (or combined Apple camera dongle cable). The Lotoo one is.

I'm not sure it's an OTG issue because USB-C spec has built in OTG. Have no idea on Lightning end though. What is clear to me is that Lotoo cable does not provide power to my iPhone and the Apple OEM cable does provide any power to the S1. It seems power can only go in one direction on the Lightning end, and dictated by how the cable is configured. I really hope Lotoo cable is fully MFi certified so it doesn't mysteriously stop working with an iOS firmware update.

Jun 12, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #353 of 2,329
I'm not sure it's an OTG issue because USB-C spec has built in OTG. Have no idea on Lightning end though. What is clear to me is that Lotoo cable does not provide power to my iPhone and the Apple OEM cable does provide any power to the S1. It seems power can only go in one direction on the Lightning end, and dictated by how the cable is configured. I really hope Lotoo cable is fully MFi certified so it doesn't mysteriously stop working with an iOS firmware update.

The camera adapter (USB-A) to lightning also doesn’t charge iOS devices. I think Lotoo basically reimplemented that adapter and a USB cable into one cable. Lightning also isn’t USB-C. This seems to be working as intended. To my knowledge for USB* to lighting, they don’t support the whole spec of USB-C (that’s why faster data transfers aren’t supported). The only difference between the USB-A to lightning and USB-C to lightening that Apple makes is faster charging for the latter.

Jun 13, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #354 of 2,329
Tried with other 3 cables (hilidac usb c to usb a through camera dongle, usb c to usb c with usb a adapter to dongle and usb c to usb c to my iPad, all of em work, as long as you have the dongle or the cable is otg there’s no problem (apple usb c to lightning it’s not otg)

Jun 13, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #355 of 2,329
Hello

Thank you All for the kind clarification and suggestions to the above question.

Jun 13, 2020 at 11:51 PM Post #356 of 2,329
Oh ya did anyone try this before and after while using Lotoo Paw S1?
I remember I saw a owner using on his Paw S1.
Screenshot_20200614-114856_Samsung Internet.jpg

Jun 14, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #359 of 2,329
And all I have left with is to read this thread about how good S1 is or how much noise it creates....Jaded audio haven’t even shipped it after 3 weeks ! They should update their website as out of stock instead of selling stuff that they don’t have. If nothing changes next week I’m gonna push them for a refund, don’t care anymore and if someone wants to sell their noisy S1, let me know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back