Lotoo PAW S1 - Designed for HIFI on the go with Lotoo PAW quality and the first USB DAC-AMP with dual 3.5mm & 4.4mm output
May 13, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #2,296 of 2,329
My Lotoo Paw S1 works flawlessly with my iPad air and windows 10 laptop, but out of my 2 plus year old Realme 6 smartphone the sound is continuously intermittent, like that when a CD skips. Now, is this is a problem due to the current draw from the S1 or is my phone hardware problematic? Some insight here will be very helpful.

Now I think it's the S1 and the phone combination that is creating a problem so am contemplating buying some other dongle to use with my phone, but am not sure if the same problem will be repeated with the other dongle as well.

May 13, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #2,297 of 2,329
My Lotoo Paw S1 works flawlessly with my iPad air and windows 10 laptop, but out of my 2 plus year old Realme 6 smartphone the sound is continuously intermittent, like that when a CD skips. Now, is this is a problem due to the current draw from the S1 or is my phone hardware problematic? Some insight here will be very helpful.

Now I think it's the S1 and the phone combination that is creating a problem so am contemplating buying some other dongle to use with my phone, but am not sure if the same problem will be repeated with the other dongle as well.
Have you tried it with the phone in airplane mode? I’ve experienced clicks that could be perceived as CD skips when iPhone is not in airplane mode.

Jul 9, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #2,299 of 2,329
Hi guys, with the PAW S2 out, do you know if the pocket clip works with S1? I have the L&P W2 and Lotoo S1 so don't wanna get a new dongle but just want the clip :)

Jul 11, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #2,300 of 2,329
Hi guys, with the PAW S2 out, do you know if the pocket clip works with S1? I have the L&P W2 and Lotoo S1 so don't wanna get a new dongle but just want the clip :)

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but both the S1 and S2 look alike, so that pocket clip should work with the S2 I imagine!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Aug 3, 2022 at 12:14 AM Post #2,302 of 2,329
I was going to use my S1 temporary from PC to Schiit Sys and my powered speakers, could never get Line-out mode, just keep it at 100% volume, same thing?

I have the latest firmware
Unplug any 3.5/ 4.4 cables you have plugged, connect the s1 to the source, use the fn button until you see the line out mode, press the + volume button and then plug the cable.

Aug 3, 2022 at 3:40 AM Post #2,304 of 2,329
Hi everybody. I recently bought a Lotoo PAW S1. I love the sound coming from this little device. I works flawlessly plugged into different MAC computers. Unfortunately I can't use it with my Fiio M7 (Android 7/Fiio Music App). The M7 confirms the connection of an USB device but obviously doesn't send any data to the S1. Sound of silence. Both devices run the latest firmware. USB out is activated. I didn't fiddle with Fiio's OS so far because the player works flawlessly as it is. Also I don't know much about Android after all.

Can anybody help me out here?
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Interestingly the venerable Meridian Explorer (MK I) connected to the M7 instantly. Soundwise it's an interesting pairing. Much more enjoyable than M7 solo. You need an extra amp though. The Explorer doesn't have its own buttons for volume control. And Fiio deactivates volume control on USB out. Also, after a while, the Fiio might black out.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #2,305 of 2,329
Hi everybody. I recently bought a Lotoo PAW S1. I love the sound coming from this little device. I works flawlessly plugged into different MAC computers. Unfortunately I can't use it with my Fiio M7 (Android 7/Fiio Music App). The M7 confirms the connection of an USB device but obviously doesn't send any data to the S1. Sound of silence. Both devices run the latest firmware. USB out is activated. I didn't fiddle with Fiio's OS so far because the player works flawlessly as it is. Also I don't know much about Android after all.

Can anybody help me out here?
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Interestingly the venerable Meridian Explorer (MK I) connected to the M7 instantly. Soundwise it's an interesting pairing. Much more enjoyable than M7 solo. You need an extra amp though. The Explorer doesn't have its own buttons for volume control. And Fiio deactivates volume control on USB out. Also, after a while, the Fiio might black out.

I don't think it will work with M7 in particular (?)

Had this happen in he past, with portable music players, it is either they see it or not (?)

Aug 3, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #2,306 of 2,329
Okay. Thank you!

So, connecting a dap to a dac via USB is generally a matter of trial and error? The outcome of a specific pairing is unpredictable?

Let's say I wanted a portable transport (dap, no phone) for the Lotoo PAW S1. Then I would not know which specific brand/model to pick... Unless someone did already test it and report the results.

Aug 4, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #2,307 of 2,329
Interesting my monitors will not sleep with the S1 plugged into USB3 port and in line-out mode on my PC.

confirmed they sleep with it not plugged in. no power management listed for the S1, tried changing USB settings and same thing.

Sep 13, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #2,308 of 2,329
Hey everyone. I have the Paw s1... Just asking here to be safe.... Can I use the 4.4 as a line out ? I have a Douk u5 amp coming and I was wondering if I can use the paw s1 with that using the 4.4 balanced out to stereo L/R XLR ( 3-core, female) (Douk U5's input)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back