Lotoo PAW S1 - Designed for HIFI on the go with Lotoo PAW quality and the first USB DAC-AMP with dual 3.5mm & 4.4mm output
May 9, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #1,922 of 2,329
Lol - a new flavor of the month?
Pretty much… as something new appears, the last one becomes the worst ever. Even more if the new one is more expensive. :)

May 9, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #1,928 of 2,329
The S1 is impressive to me because it is enough of an improvement over regular dongles to work well for the iPhone, iPad, laptops, and the Nintendo Switch. It has MQA (which I honestly don’t care for, but shows how much Lotoo is willing to improve the product) and it has several nice accessories from Lotoo and from third parties. I don’t think dongles can do much given lack of power and small size. The S1 does just enough.
I wish I could use it as a line out to another amp - that would be the only thing I’d look for at this point.

May 10, 2021 at 5:01 AM Post #1,932 of 2,329
I forgot another question: do you use S1 mainly on balanced output or SE?

I know that the balanced has more power, but at the SQ level are there any substantial differences?
Yes very noticeable. Power is around 30% more on balanced. Better Soundstage and wider stereo sound. Bass is also slightly tighter. Go for balanced.

May 11, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #1,933 of 2,329
Unless you need the power and want to play with filters, the dfc is every bit as good if not better than the W2. Dfc has a brighter sound that focuses on fine detail. W2 is weightier and darker. Lovely tone on the W2, but loses those fine details of the dfc.
However Dragonfly Cobalt is still the most beautiful sound I have tried, at least under € 500. I also prefer it to Chord Mojo.

I hardly believe that W2 or S1 can somehow beat him. At least in my preferences.

May 11, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #1,934 of 2,329
However Dragonfly Cobalt is still the most beautiful sound I have tried, at least under € 500. I also prefer it to Chord Mojo.

I hardly believe that W2 or S1 can somehow beat him. At least in my preferences.
Sometimes you can also be wrong. Try to listen to W2 first for few hours and after tell us how much you are impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back