Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Feb 2, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #2,431 of 3,520
As promised, here you go! Enjoy the read, it is a short one :wink:

LPGT_Ti-02.jpg

Feb 3, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #2,433 of 3,520
No request is ever dumb, give yourself more credit :wink: And if you are familiar with my reviews, people usually complain they are too long and include too much info :D That is why I usually partition them into multiple pages on my Tw6 site for easier navigation.

Still have to post Ti review, it is short anyway. Just that between remote working, kids on-line school (seriously, they couldn't cancel it in lieu of Northeast snow storm?!?), and shoveling that damn snow every day for the last 3 days, I need to find a free minute.

Hahaha. Well tyvm. Dont envy the snow at all. We may not realy get seasons out in socal, but I certainly don't miss easy coast snow at all....

One more request for you. Is there any chance you would mind comparing just the dac implementations alone of some of the higher end daps? I get my use case is super rare, but I'm looking into the P6 Pro/LPGT/a few others as my only dac (I'm mostly portable but have a desktop amp for when I am home) and would like to know how well some of these stand up just on LO.

Tbh, I am actualy kinda currious what tier of desktop dacs the p6pro and lpgt stack up against as well, but I'm not sure of your experience with desktop stuff as I've mostly been reading your iem and dap reviews

Feb 3, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #2,434 of 3,520
Hi All,

Apologies if this has been posted before but i did try to find it and could not. Is there any way to revert to previous firmwares on LPGT?
I can see old versions are available on the website of Lotoo, I can download them and put them in the upgrade folder on the SD but then the manual states the following :
"• Before updating, please make sure the battery power is over 20%• Download the firmware file from www.lotoo.cn and copy it to the <UPGRADE> folder on the SD card• Enter Settings, click on the software version, then follow the instruction on the screen. ""
The issue being once i am on the software version screen there is no option available, only the number of the current version installed
I also tried to factory reset but still stuck with the latest version of the software.

I want to know how to revert because the previous version did not bug at all and the new one keeps prompting the error yellow text on black screen. Despite having formated the card and factory reset the player.

Thanks in advance for your help.

DK
I used to experience the yellow text error issue with my original LPGT. It is not the problem of your firmware version that caused this problem I believe. I used to have similar behaviour and that is due to I did not install the tf card inside the SD card adapter very well causing some connection issue, after reinserting the card and make sure everything is in the right position, I did not experience this issue anymore, hope that helps. Also there might be some broken files causing the yellow text, but none is related to firmware version I think.

Feb 3, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #2,435 of 3,520
Hahaha. Well tyvm. Dont envy the snow at all. We may not realy get seasons out in socal, but I certainly don't miss easy coast snow at all....

One more request for you. Is there any chance you would mind comparing just the dac implementations alone of some of the higher end daps? I get my use case is super rare, but I'm looking into the P6 Pro/LPGT/a few others as my only dac (I'm mostly portable but have a desktop amp for when I am home) and would like to know how well some of these stand up just on LO.

Tbh, I am actualy kinda currious what tier of desktop dacs the p6pro and lpgt stack up against as well, but I'm not sure of your experience with desktop stuff as I've mostly been reading your iem and dap reviews

Sorry, Ti is packed and on its way back to Musicteck.

If you want to spend almost $4k on a DAP just to use it as a DAC, I think you better off getting a desktop DAC which probably going to be cheaper and will have a clean power supply. Not familiar with desktop audio gear equipment, I'm vested into portable setup only (review mostly DAPs and IEMs).

Feb 3, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #2,436 of 3,520

This is an interesting question. I also mainly use my DAPs lineout to a portable headphone amp. Would be interesting to see the differences between the different LO‘s of the TOTL DAPs!!

Feb 3, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #2,437 of 3,520
Sorry, Ti is packed and on its way back to Musicteck.

If you want to spend almost $4k on a DAP just to use it as a DAC, I think you better off getting a desktop DAC which probably going to be cheaper and will have a clean power supply. Not familiar with desktop audio gear equipment, I'm vested into portable setup only (review mostly DAPs and IEMs).

Sorry. I wrote that poorly (still early on the west coast). 75% of the time I am portable and using iems/easy to drive cans so portable performance is far far away the highest importance to me. Im mostly just currious if something of the tier of a LPGT or P6Pro is similar performance to a 1k dac like an adi2 or if it pushes higher into the range or like a holo cyan or spring just as a point if reference. Totally get if yoy just don't have the experience with those dacs though.

As for the comparo, sorry for being unclear on that one too. I was talking about the dac performance of the standard LPGT vs the P6 Pro. This is also more a curiosity than anything to try and determine if I should jump in at ~3k and just get a dedicated desktop dac I will only use a max of 25% of the time (if not less tbh) or if that extra 1k is better spent upping to the p6pro that I can use to do it all

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2021 at 12:32 AM Post #2,440 of 3,520
Finally, I can test the LPGT-Ti as well as the LPGT og
My impression on LPGT-Ti with IER-Z1R and Odin.
Agreed on twister6 review.

Or you may read the following impression which I agreed 100% too:
https://post.smzdm.com/p/andr62x7/

Translated by google translate:
"Let me talk about single-ended.

In terms of sound field, LPGT Titanium is basically at the same level as LPGT og. The scale is slightly enlarged due to the sense of boundary is reduced, and the outward diffusion is more obvious. In addition, the improvement in resolution will bring more clear and accurate results. Like, LPGT Titanium is more relaxed and calm in hearing, with distinct levels.

As I said before, LPGT Titanuim has solved several problems with LPGT og. The first is the low frequency. From the current point of view, LPGT og's low frequency is slightly mixed and scattered. The degree of cohesion is not enough, and the sub-bass dive is not outstanding. The low frequency of LPGT Titanium obviously more condensed, and the degree of presentation is just right, not too stiff, elasticity is improved relative to LPGT og, and the depth of the bass has also increased a little, just some fine-tuning, but the tuning is obviously more advanced Up.

Then there is the high frequency. The problem here has actually been said before. The middle and high frequency positions of LPGT og are actually slightly brighter, or it can be described as a little dry, and the brightness is lower than the original LPG, which is not so exciting. , But it will become a flaw in high-end earplugs. After the improvement, LPGT Titanium has become a lot more moisturized and softer. It feels a bit like the new version of LPG. After auditioning, many people think that the tuning of LPGT Titanium is somewhat similar to the new version of LPG, which makes sense. In addition, the sense of high-frequency energy goes a little higher, the extension is naturally better, and the overall freshness is greatly improved.

There are also some fine-tunings in the vocal aspect. First, the position is slightly forward, and the mid-to-high frequency itself has become moisturized, and even the female voice sounds softer. In addition, LPGT Ti is better than LPGT og in terms of analytical power. It is reflected in the vocal part that the image of the mouth is clearer and the position is more comfortable. Originally, LPGT og’s vocals were quite satisfactory, but now it have many positive improvements, you can be considered very good for pop vocals.

After switching to balance, the difference in style is actually more or less same improvement on single-ended. You can refer to the above description of the difference in single-ended sound. However, I personally feel that LPGT Ti’s balanced output thrust seems to be more improved than single-ended. PY is just right to drive under LPGT og’s high thrust. Changing to LPGT Ti makes it feel a little overwhelming.

The pure sound contrast is like this. Although every detail is slightly improved and adjusted, such a comprehensive and audible improvement is completely reborn. What's more important to me is that while LPGT Ti's strength has been comprehensively improved, it has also maintained the consistent sound concept of LPGT og and LPG. For other front-ends source, you can easily tell what is thei sound preference and what they are good at which area. LPGT Titanium is standing firm at the neutral side, calm and everything seems right. Like LPGT Titanium, you like it because it sound right....."

Feb 24, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #2,441 of 3,520
Feb 24, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #2,442 of 3,520
New firmware is available for download/OTA update. (Though currently it's difficult to download because of the server overload.)

v1.3.0.3 for LPGT-Ti:
http://www.lotoo.cn/about/fuwu/xiazaizhuanqu/yinlebofangqi/20201019/96.html
- Support LDAC in Bluetooth DAC.
- Improve the parsing of ID3 information.

v1.1.1.11 for LPGT:
http://www.lotoo.cn/about/fuwu/xiazaizhuanqu/yinlebofangqi/20200421/64.html
Thanks. In fact it is currently impossible to download the firmware from the webpage. It would be very useful if anyone who has already been able to download it could share the file.

Does anybody know what the changes are?

Feb 24, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #2,443 of 3,520

Users who are viewing this thread

Back