Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Jan 13, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #2,401 of 3,520
Just added a new album to my SD card - and now I have a yellow error message.. have to force a shut down again to get it back..
Maybe try taking your SD card out and put it back? Mostly likely a card reading issue.

Alternatively, do you have another card reader? Maybe you can put your file in there first and then put the card back and see.

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #2,402 of 3,520
Maybe try taking your SD card out and put it back? Mostly likely a card reading issue.

Alternatively, do you have another card reader? Maybe you can put your file in there first and then put the card back and see.
Thanks.
Already done that. Did not help.
I was thinking that maybe it's a database issue or something. There are some files in the root directory for the system.. Although I wouldn't feel comfortable just going there and deleting them.

I don't have another SD card at hand unfortunately.

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #2,403 of 3,520
Thanks.
Already done that. Did not help.
I was thinking that maybe it's a database issue or something. There are some files in the root directory for the system.. Although I wouldn't feel comfortable just going there and deleting them.

I don't have another SD card at hand unfortunately.
This is weird. I can ask the people at Lotoo for you but it is late night in China. Can you shoot me a PM later today (US time) to remind me to ask them for you?

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #2,405 of 3,520
Sure, thanks.
That would be greatly appreciated.
I once get a error message on my LPGT and i reset the player in the system settings and format the card in the player and add all the music back to the sd card and it works perfectly again. Maybe you can try that.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #2,407 of 3,520
I once get a error message on my LPGT and i reset the player in the system settings and format the card in the player and add all the music back to the sd card and it works perfectly again. Maybe you can try that.
Before I tried that I wanted to check out my theory so I didn't have to move all my music around from A to B and back..

As I thought it was a database issue. I removed all files from the "MEDIA_SYSTEM" folder, forcing the LPGT to create new files and re-read the SD card for its contents and to build a new library..
After the first scan, I added the same album as before and voila it works. No idea what caused this issue, but it seems to work now.

Jan 13, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #2,408 of 3,520
Great. Here is my own little tip though. And based on how fast the LPGT-Ti scans a card on boot up I just take the card out and load it directly from the computer instead of in the DAP. I don't know if that would matter but I got into that habit with the iBasso daps which seem to take a lot longer to load files through the USB-C cable.

Just a couple cents.

Jan 13, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #2,409 of 3,520
Great. Here is my own little tip though. And based on how fast the LPGT-Ti scans a card on boot up I just take the card out and load it directly from the computer instead of in the DAP. I don't know if that would matter but I got into that habit with the iBasso daps which seem to take a lot longer to load files through the USB-C cable.

Just a couple cents.
Hm.. that's interesting.. I always use the USB C cable as the transfer speed from my laptop is faster through USB 3 than the built-in cardreader. maybe I'll try that next time.

Jan 20, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #2,411 of 3,520
Hey guys, does gapless function with your LPGT´s (or LPGT ti) without problems? It doesnt work with my unit.
For example, when listening to the Beck "Morning Phase" album, there shoudn´t be a gap between the first song (Cycle) and the second song (Morning). I also checked with other albums. It´s always the same. Could someone please check if you have the same issue?
I have the gapless function activated of course (Settings - play setting - file switching effect -> gapless). If I turn the file switching effect "off" it is the same as "gapless". No difference to be heard. Hmmm ...

Jan 21, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #2,412 of 3,520
Hey guys, does gapless function with your LPGT´s (or LPGT ti) without problems? It doesnt work with my unit.
For example, when listening to the Beck "Morning Phase" album, there shoudn´t be a gap between the first song (Cycle) and the second song (Morning). I also checked with other albums. It´s always the same. Could someone please check if you have the same issue?
I have the gapless function activated of course (Settings - play setting - file switching effect -> gapless). If I turn the file switching effect "off" it is the same as "gapless". No difference to be heard. Hmmm ...
what files are those?
gapless works very fine on my LPGT with flac files.

Jan 23, 2021 at 10:11 PM Post #2,414 of 3,520

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2021 at 6:05 AM Post #2,415 of 3,520
Hi All,

Apologies if this has been posted before but i did try to find it and could not. Is there any way to revert to previous firmwares on LPGT?
I can see old versions are available on the website of Lotoo, I can download them and put them in the upgrade folder on the SD but then the manual states the following :
"• Before updating, please make sure the battery power is over 20%• Download the firmware file from www.lotoo.cn and copy it to the <UPGRADE> folder on the SD card• Enter Settings, click on the software version, then follow the instruction on the screen. ""
The issue being once i am on the software version screen there is no option available, only the number of the current version installed
I also tried to factory reset but still stuck with the latest version of the software.

I want to know how to revert because the previous version did not bug at all and the new one keeps prompting the error yellow text on black screen. Despite having formated the card and factory reset the player.

Thanks in advance for your help.

DK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back