Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Dec 22, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #2,296 of 3,520
Yes my bad. I mean it will sound different and probably a lot better! Don't get me wrong I love my LPGT.
It might sound better for you. For another one not. It’s always a question about synergy, too. IEMs or headphones. Which ones. What about hiss. What does one prefer: Big soundstage a must? What about separation. Technicalities first oder timbre? Does one love a cleaner presentation or a bold one with some warmth etc etc.
and then we are not even at things like UI, streaming, portability, EQ etc.

I am sure the one DAP will excel over the other. But not generally. Just in parts of the whole. You know, if you add bass, you probably lose on some cleanliness of the mids. If you add treble it might be piercing with that IEM but brilliant with a darker one. If you have a balanced sound it might be boring for others who seek a more exciting V-shaped sound.
Someone else in this thread said that the new Ti beats the WM1Z. Well, I guess if someone loves a lush warm sound will disagree with his findings.

All I want to say is, that it’s not that easy 😁

The Ti for example is the first DAP I buy in 5 years. Till now I haven’t heard one that suits my listening habits (and headphone) more than my Calyx M (Romi Audio modded), and I heard some flagships (including the SP1k with amp, Cowon Plenue L and even LPGT, but that was back then when I listened with IEMs, now with a TOTL headphone the cards are reshuffled, especially with the upgraded 3.5mm). So I hope this one will be what I am searching for. Let’s see. It’s not that I‘m not excited. I really am. But I think I am too long in this hobby to expect the sound to be „better“ than a few %. Diminishing returns always kicks in. But I am willing to pay for that last drop of blood hehe.

Anyways, happy listening!

Dec 22, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #2,297 of 3,520
It might sound better for you. For another one not. It’s always a question about synergy, too. IEMs or headphones. Which ones. What about hiss. What does one prefer: Big soundstage a must? What about separation. Technicalities first oder timbre? Does one love a cleaner presentation or a bold one with some warmth etc etc.
and then we are not even at things like UI, streaming, portability, EQ etc.

I am sure the one DAP will excel over the other. But not generally. Just in parts of the whole. You know, if you add bass, you probably lose on some cleanliness of the mids. If you add treble it might be piercing with that IEM but brilliant with a darker one. If you have a balanced sound it might be boring for others who seek a more exciting V-shaped sound.
Someone else in this thread said that the new Ti beats the WM1Z. Well, I guess if someone loves a lush warm sound will disagree with his findings.

All I want to say is, that it’s not that easy 😁

The Ti for example is the first DAP I buy in 5 years. Till now I haven’t heard one that suits my listening habits (and headphone) more than my Calyx M (Romi Audio modded), and I heard some flagships (including the SP1k with amp, Cowon Plenue L and even LPGT, but that was back then when I listened with IEMs, now with a TOTL headphone the cards are reshuffled, especially with the upgraded 3.5mm). So I hope this one will be what I am searching for. Let’s see. It’s not that I‘m not excited. I really am. But I think I am too long in this hobby to expect the sound to be „better“ than a few %. Diminishing returns always kicks in. But I am willing to pay for that last drop of blood hehe.

Anyways, happy listening!
Yeah. Mostly preference. Can't argue with that. One might prefer one over the other even if it's a lesser quality. Happy listening that's for sure! 👍

Dec 22, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #2,299 of 3,520
So I've been looking at some charts for the Ti on the Lotoo website. It looks like I'll have to do separate burn in for 4.4 and 3.5
1608683668627.png

Dec 23, 2020 at 12:06 AM Post #2,300 of 3,520
So I've been looking at some charts for the Ti on the Lotoo website. It looks like I'll have to do separate burn in for 4.4 and 3.5

Just keep it under 3,034°F :D

Dec 25, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #2,304 of 3,520
Why is it that when playing dsd512 I can't use any filter or eq but when playing dsd128 I can use eq and filter?
I just asked the people at Lotoo. They said by their setup, DSD 512 cannot use any EQ while DSD 128 can.

OK I learn why this is the case. DSD 64/128/256 can use software decoding, therefore allowing EQ and filter adjustment. DSD 512 can only do hardware decoding, so cannot apply EQ.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #2,305 of 3,520
New firmware version available.

Maybe it is only for Chinese version and not for international version, since it is not available on the English version of Lotoo webpage (this one: http://www.lotoo.cn/english/bottom/Service/Download/Hi_Fi_Music_Player/2020/0425/79.html).

It is available via OTA though, so I suppose it´s valid for all devices.

1. UI Improvements&bugs solved:
Add En keyboard in all langugages for inputing half-width characters.
Add "Album Artrist" in the search results.
Add detailed notices when playing unsupported files.
M4A playback compatibility improved.
Improve the parsing of ID3 information.
FLAC playback compatibility improved.
Solved the bug of mismached searching results in Chinese language.

2. Stability Improvements:
Database stability Improvements .
Solve the bug that system crashes sometimes in gapless mode.
Solve the bug that system crashes sometimes with M4A files.
Solve the bug that system crashes sometimes when click on the song name with the "Delete" menu shown.
Solve the bug that system crashes sometimes in batch delete mode in the "Album List".

http://www.lotoo.cn/download/PAWGoldTouch_AP_1.1.1.10.zip

I uploaded the file to MEGA, as the Lotoo´s download webpage speed is really slow:

https://mega.nz/file/y0xiFLJI#jdFHSc-lqIdTKE1CMgKgyuVBtbyR5glguUcjvX8iODk

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #2,306 of 3,520
I´ve updated via OTA without any problem.

Dec 26, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #2,309 of 3,520
Can anyone tell me if there is a different software for the ti?
Because I have the 1.3.0.1 version and that are completely different digits than those of the original LPGT.

I recommend you to try online update first.

http://www.lotoo.cn/about/fuwu/xiazaizhuanqu/yinlebofangqi/20201019/96.html
http://www.lotoo.cn/download/PAWGoldTouch_TA_AP_1.3.0.2.zip

LPGT-Ti firmware 1.3.0.2 update notes
1. UI Improvements & bugs solved
Improve the parsing of ID3 information.
Solve the bug of displaying the lyric.

Dec 26, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #2,310 of 3,520

Users who are viewing this thread

Back