Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Jun 16, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #1,336 of 3,520
Real life usage for me on one full charge: 6-7 hours. XRC on, 4.4 low gain, volume 60-70, brightness very low.
I'm around 100 or so hours in with my LPGT now, and I can already tell a difference from when it was new. I'm still burning it in everyday hoping to get close to 200 and see if it opens up more.

The same feeling regarding burning - at least 100 hrs, then it becomes more and more better with each listening session. Initially it seemed like worse than my AK100 + Mojo. Now it is obvious that LPGT is much much better.

Jun 16, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #1,337 of 3,520
Real life usage for me on one full charge: 6-7 hours. XRC on, 4.4 low gain, volume 60-70, brightness very low.
I'm around 100 or so hours in with my LPGT now, and I can already tell a difference from when it was new. I'm still burning it in everyday hoping to get close to 200 and see if it opens up more.
Thank you very much for your prompt reply !

Jun 16, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #1,338 of 3,520
XRC gotta be on :D, I'm so used to the hw upsampling that feel like something is missing when it's disabled. But this extra processing does add to battery drain.

Jun 17, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #1,339 of 3,520
Hi All,

Just bought LPGT and I had a few questions to other owners :
- How much play time on average do you get on one full charge of the battery ?
- How much burn in period is reasonable in your opinion for the dap to develop its full or close to full potential?
- Did anyone tried it with FW10000 and if so can you comment on the synergy ?

Many thanks in advance for your feedback

DK
Please make sure to compare the LPGT with the R2R2000!

Jun 17, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #1,340 of 3,520
Please make sure to compare the LPGT with the R2R2000!
Yes I will do it but need first to do burn in on LPGT and may take some time as I will not have so much opportunities for long sessions during this month.

Jun 29, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #1,341 of 3,520
Hi There,

Does anyone has some insight as to when Lotoo will remove the maximum number of songs scanned? I understand that they may have to redo a lot of their FW for that but really that should not be the problem of consumers, I find it pretty amazing that this is not done already.

Thanks

Jun 29, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #1,342 of 3,520
Hi There,

Does anyone has some insight as to when Lotoo will remove the maximum number of songs scanned? I understand that they may have to redo a lot of their FW for that but really that should not be the problem of consumers, I find it pretty amazing that this is not done already.

Thanks
I doubt this will ever get fix. I’ve reported this problem in early January to Lotoo. They told me it would be fix in the next update and nothing happen after several updates. The device has very little RAM. They would have to remove the quick search function and re-do their indexing. They’re currently working on a new device and the LPGT will likely get abandon.

Code:
 On Friday, January 4, 2019, 3:06:16 AM CST, service@lotoo.cn <service@lotoo.cn> wrote:
Dear sirs,
Thanks for your feedback for our PAW Gold Touch.
1.      About your folders shows "0items", this issue will be fixed in the next version of the firmware.

Jun 29, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #1,343 of 3,520
I doubt this will ever get fix. I’ve reported this problem in early January to Lotoo. They told me it would be fix in the next update and nothing happen after several updates. The device has very little RAM. They would have to remove the quick search function and re-do their indexing. They’re currently working on a new device and the LPGT will likely get abandon.

Code:
 On Friday, January 4, 2019, 3:06:16 AM CST, service@lotoo.cn <service@lotoo.cn> wrote:
Dear sirs,
Thanks for your feedback for our PAW Gold Touch.
1.      About your folders shows "0items", this issue will be fixed in the next version of the firmware.

LPGT being abandon? Don't think it will happen, it's their flagship. PAW6k is the next release, the cut down version of LPGT, I'm sure with the identical fw/GUI. I'm just hoping they are busy, working on it now to include all the fixes, so it will show up later in LPGT fw update.

Jun 29, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #1,344 of 3,520
LPGT being abandon? Don't think it will happen, it's their flagship. PAW6k is the next release, the cut down version of LPGT, I'm sure with the identical fw/GUI. I'm just hoping they are busy, working on it now to include all the fixes, so it will show up later in LPGT fw update.

I agree, the PAW6K will run almost identical firmware. 1 fix or feature for one will go to the other just like cowon do with most of the plenue range.

Jun 29, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #1,345 of 3,520
It's hard to be optimistic with Lotoo. I've send them a lot of emails about bugs.
Before the latest update, I told them to fix the high pass filter in the PEQ because it doesn't do anything.
They went and reduce the bandwidth from 1.9 to 1 and still didn't fix the high pass filter.
That just annoyed me. Having high bandwidth is crucial to correction frequency with sharp spike.
I want the bandwidth to be at least 5, but 1.9 is still better than 1.

We’ll know more about PAW6000 next week. I am sure PAW6000 will have more RAM than LPGT.

Jun 29, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #1,346 of 3,520
It's hard to be optimistic with Lotoo. I've send them a lot of emails about bugs.
Before the latest update, I told them to fix the high pass filter in the PEQ because it doesn't do anything.
They went and reduce the bandwidth from 1.9 to 1 and still didn't fix the high pass filter.
That just annoyed me. Having high bandwidth is crucial to correction frequency with sharp spike.
I want the bandwidth to be at least 5, but 1.9 is still better than 1.

We’ll know more about PAW6000 next week. I am sure PAW6000 will have more RAM than LPGT.

Did someone leaked info that it will have more RAM? I think the main difference is a lower DAC and reduced power (from 500mW to 300mW). Thinner/lighter as well. I hope hardware oversampling is still intact. Easier access to create/edit PEQ presets would be nice too.

Jul 6, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #1,347 of 3,520
More details on the PAW 6000 at https://twitter.com/PAWGold

Big shocker for me is they removed the Blackfin processor which handle PEQ in previous Lotoo devices. It’s replaced by something else. I wonder how PEQ will compare to LPGT.
Coming in September at around $1,500 (165,000 yen).
Lower power output than LPGT, 300mW@32ohm vs. 500mW@32ohm.

Skl7rHx.jpg

Jul 6, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #1,348 of 3,520
More details on the PAW 6000 at https://twitter.com/PAWGold

Big shocker for me is they removed the Blackfin processor which handle PEQ in previous Lotoo devices. It’s replaced by something else. I wonder how PEQ will compare to LPGT.
Coming in September at around $1,500 (165,000 yen).
Lower power output than LPGT, 300mW@32ohm vs. 500mW@32ohm.

Skl7rHx.jpg
Makes me feel a bit less sorry that i bought LPGT, i wonder if they will advertise 6000 to be compatible with 2 tera card as well given the software at most allow to use 400 gb or perhaps less.

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #1,349 of 3,520
Anybody know if this have usb-c digital output? I like to use this as a transport. Thanks

Jul 17, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #1,350 of 3,520
New Firmware out for our awesome LPGT

http://www.lotoo.cn/about/fuwu/xiazaizhuanqu/

V1.1.1.4 Changelog
UI & System Optimization
New database system embedded to support more files.
Add a slider bar at right side of list.
modify the line out level description.
krc lyrics file supported.
support album cover in ape files.

Bugs fixed
Fixed the bug of power off countdown error.
Fixed the bug that system freeze when playing unsupported audio files.
Fixed the bug that system freeze sometimes when selecting characters in Chinese keyboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back