Lotoo PAW Gold Touch - Touchscreen, 4.4mm Bal, USB DAC, Bluetooth
Jun 28, 2020 at 1:14 AM Post #1,906 of 3,520
Serously doubt this will happen. Lotoo OS is not android based. Maybe there is a way to develop a native streaming app like in old A&Ks or current R3 Pro to tap into Tidal and Qobuz servers, assuming those streaming services offer some kind of a dev kit. But even if this is feasible, that's a lot of software work and maintenance. Can't imagine Lotoo going for that the same way Hiby did considering they (Hiby) write their own software and used to write fw for many other daps.

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #1,907 of 3,520
My Lotoo PAW Gold Touch is on the way and I am super excited! After years of slowly accumulating complaints about my current DAP, the Onkyo DP-X1, I finally got fed up. I'm hoping the LPGT fully alleviates all these annoyances:

PEQ exists on the DP-X1, but it is completely touch-based, making even minor adjustments a nerve-wracking exercise in dexterity that I nearly always fail. For example, the +/- decibel value for an EQ point doesn't display unless you touch that point. And, it's impossible to touch that tiny point with big fingers without adjusting it. It's completely infuriating and almost unusable. I am thrilled that the Lotoo has PEQ based on simply inputting values. Seems so much simpler.

DP-X1's stupid modded Android OS has 4 different places to change settings for the sound and some of those settings require an absurd number of clicks and scrolls to access. It takes 10 just to change the gain, I counted, and that's if you remember exactly how to navigate the multiple menu levels to get there. I'm done with DAPs that try to shoehorn a music UI into Android.

It's a very complicated process to place the DP-X1 into a pocket or remove it from a pocket without changing the volume. A lot. Kind of hard to use it as a portable that way. Maybe there are better implemented side-scroll volume wheels, but I'm going with volume on top from now on.

There's a couple of other things, but basically I wanted a DAP that had thoughtful and sophisticated for-music design inside and out, with as few extra bells and whistles as possible. Here's hoping I'll get that with the LPGT. Thanks to everyone on the thread that provided impressions and info! Much appreciated.
Are you getting the ibasso dx220max to compare to lpgt?

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:01 AM Post #1,908 of 3,520
Are you getting the ibasso dx220max to compare to lpgt?

Nope. Too many strikes against the Max before I even get to considerations of sound quality: the bulky size, the Android OS, the lack of physical buttons, the battery life, the lack of accessories like screen protectors and cases, the wi-fi, the powering off issues. It just doesn't fit what I was looking for, whereas the LPGT has an ideal set of features for me and excels in the areas (PMEQ, OS, and portability) that are important to me. My worst complaint about the LPGT so far is that I can't add a background image.

As far as the sound, the LPGT is absolutely stellar. If the Max is better, it cannot possibly be better enough for me to care.

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:08 AM Post #1,909 of 3,520
Nope. Too many strikes against the Max before I even get to considerations of sound quality: the bulky size, the Android OS, the lack of physical buttons, the battery life, the lack of accessories like screen protectors and cases, the wi-fi, the powering off issues. It just doesn't fit what I was looking for, whereas the LPGT has an ideal set of features for me and excels in the areas (PMEQ, OS, and portability) that are important to me. My worst complaint about the LPGT so far is that I can't add a background image.

As far as the sound, the LPGT is absolutely stellar. If the Max is better, it cannot possibly be better enough for me to care.
Hey. I cancel my ibasso dx220max order last week for the same reason you just describe here. I figure i have wm1z, lpgt, n8, sp2000 is enough daps and doubt the dx220max will sound any better. 👍

Jul 14, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #1,910 of 3,520
Hey, Love my Lpgt with my CIEM Legend X--1950s. But i have some trouble with my Sd card. It says (SD speed unstable Please use a faster card)
I use the fastes card in the market i think (Sandisk extreme Pro 400gb).
Anyone else on this ?
E12B2AC1-3D71-4F0F-92F4-6D6FFAC32738.jpeg

Jul 14, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #1,911 of 3,520
Hey, Love my Lpgt with my CIEM Legend X--1950s. But i have some trouble with my Sd card. It says (SD speed unstable Please use a faster card)
I use the fastes card in the market i think (Sandisk extreme Pro 400gb).
Anyone else on this ?
E12B2AC1-3D71-4F0F-92F4-6D6FFAC32738.jpeg

Are you using micro SD card with SD card adapter or just SD card? If former, could be an issue with an adapter card.

Another thing, did you get your card from Amazon, and was that a reputable seller? Just saying cause a few years ago I ran into the issue with my Sandisk micro SD card from Amazon that failed. When I contacted sandisk warranty department and they asked for my amazon receipt, turned out it was amazon listing with a bunch of different sellers underneath, and on top of that when I sent them a picture of my card and S/N they confirmed I got a fake one :frowning2:

Jul 14, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #1,912 of 3,520
Are you using micro SD card with SD card adapter or just SD card? If former, could be an issue with an adapter card.

Another thing, did you get your card from Amazon, and was that a reputable seller? Just saying cause a few years ago I ran into the issue with my Sandisk micro SD card from Amazon that failed. When I contacted sandisk warranty department and they asked for my amazon receipt, turned out it was amazon listing with a bunch of different sellers underneath, and on top of that when I sent them a picture of my card and S/N they confirmed I got a fake one :frowning2:
Its a Micro SD with adapter, and its from Amazon, but i didn't have any problem with my Qp2r or Hiby R3. It does that randomly on few albums sometime not always.... Thanks !

Jul 14, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #1,913 of 3,520
Its a Micro SD with adapter, and its from Amazon, but i didn't have any problem with my Qp2r or Hiby R3. It does that randomly on few albums sometime not always.... Thanks !

Then, I would guess something is off with that adapter. Do you have another one to try?

Jul 15, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #1,916 of 3,520
For myself, I used my usual Sandisk micro-SD card with an adaptor and it worked flawlessly.
I think this has been the general experience, barring the occasional issue which seems to be down to the card or adaptor :)

Jul 18, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #1,917 of 3,520
How's the battery life for your LPGT? I found mine battery level dropping really quickly these days. How much battery percentage does it drop for yours if listening for the entire afternoon without charging? I appreciate your help. Thank you

Jul 18, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #1,918 of 3,520
How's the battery life for your LPGT? I found mine battery level dropping really quickly these days. How much battery percentage does it drop for yours if listening for the entire afternoon without charging? I appreciate your help. Thank you

Are you playing in high or low gain? XRC on or off? DSD or flac/mp3? The big improvement for me was turning XRC off, noticeable improvement in battery life.

Jul 25, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #1,920 of 3,520
So I'm curious if anyone here has played around with EQ settings on the LPGT and I'm curious of how you set your custom EQ settings, I'm having a hard time understanding what the "TYPE" options are, LSF, HPF and BPF. Anyone care to share their custom EQ settings?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back