Lot of Head-Fi love going on
Jan 2, 2006 at 5:37 PM Post #31 of 35
Actually there is a lot more, but the issue got so huge (too much good stuff from all the writers) that it will be in the next issue.

7-8 pages?
cool.gif
I will have to make sure my publisher sees these comments/compliments.
I will have to re-negotiate my contract and ask for another $5 a month.
tongue.gif

Thanks so much for the kind words. The third issue should come out by the end of the month or early beginning of February,

Jan 3, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu
2006 will be the year when Head-Fi explodes onto the high fidelity and portable consumer electronics markets at the same time....

I've already noticed Shure headphones popping up in normal stores with the iPod gear
etysmile.gif

Jan 3, 2006 at 3:25 PM Post #33 of 35
Yeah, there definitely is a lot of press love going towards Head-Fi recently. The press even gave me a little love too... I was the 2nd place winner in the Tone Audio 'vintage gear' contest - I wish I had made mention of Head-Fi and The Steve Hoffman Forums. I had no idea I was going to win!
biggrin.gif

Not only was my writing published, but I got $50 to Music Direct. Oh, I am a happy camper now...
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #34 of 35
You mean the "Monogamous Audiophile" contest? If so congratulations.

Judging by the article snd your profile, you must be Andrew (I was Sherlock Holmes in another life).

Did you know ahead of time, or find out by surprise when you read the issue?

See...you payed it forward by starting the "Immtbiker: Congrats" thread.

It's nice of Music Direct to fund that contest.

Jan 3, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #35 of 35
Yeah, Andrew's my name.
biggrin.gif

I found out a bit before they released the magazine. But I really didn't have enough time to thorougly add a section regarding Head-Fi or SHF.

Quote:

See...you payed it forward by starting the "Immtbiker: Congrats" thread.

I don't follow this, unfortunately. Can you explain this to the simple-minded?
biggrin.gif

Yes, it was awfully nice of Music Direct to give away these prizes. I'm very excited for mine.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back