Lost/Stolen Package UPS - Happy Ending :)
Jan 24, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #92 of 105
despite the generous offer
wink.gif
, i'll never sell them. too much sentimental value. these are now the headphones that almost were not.

i also contacted the seller to tell him that the transaction was now complete (i'm sure he will be quite relieved) and UPS to tell them to close the claim - not that i owe them any favors.

Jan 24, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #98 of 105
Sweet ending and I'm glad you got the Grados back. But man, two weeks and he had them? What, was he listening to them and thought they were just regular sounding phones and not worth keeping? You're so lucky to get them back!

Jan 25, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #100 of 105
the seller was shocked to hear that i got them. so i am, the more i think about it. the end result while the right one is also the unlikely one. even though i strongly suspected that this person had my headphones, i had no real proof that he did. he could have just as easily said to me that he didn't have my package and had no idea what i was talking about. i would have thought he was lying (most likely) but really couldn't have done anything about it. UPS had proved useless. the police brushed me off. my only recourse was to pester him until i got an answer. had i done nothing, he would have kept them. he had for 2 weeks already. but i persisted and for that reason and maybe others, he decided to finally contact me and return them.

Jan 25, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #105 of 105
Glad it all worked out for you and the RS-2s are in their rightful owner's hands. The person who UPS delivered to by mistake should be ashamed of themself for not contacting you IMMEDIATELY. You're right...this could have easily gone the other way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back