Lost/Stolen Package UPS - Happy Ending :)
Jan 23, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #76 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaw007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go after UPS not the shipper.It was UPS fault not the seller!

The recipient has no pull with UPS. Most of the time UPS will tell you that the shipper needs to contact them, because they're the ones who paid for the service, you're really no one to them. So you need to follow up with the shipper, it's their responsibility to make the claim and pursue compensation.

Jan 23, 2008 at 11:11 PM Post #77 of 105
yeah. UPS wants nothing to do with me. the seller has to file the claim and the seller will receive any claim money - not the receiver of the intended item.

my only option is to resolve this personally with the seller or go through paypal or my credit card. i'll take it one step at a time.

Jan 23, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #78 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by dclancy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The recipient has no pull with UPS. Most of the time UPS will tell you that the shipper needs to contact them, because they're the ones who paid for the service, you're really no one to them. So you need to follow up with the shipper, it's their responsibility to make the claim and pursue compensation.

Thank you for the information.

Jan 23, 2008 at 11:28 PM Post #79 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah. UPS wants nothing to do with me. the seller has to file the claim and the seller will receive any claim money - not the receiver of the intended item.

my only option is to resolve this personally with the seller or go through paypal or my credit card. i'll take it one step at a time.

I would definitely call my credit card company,I know my company only gives you 30 days to file a complaint.Good luck!

Jan 24, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #80 of 105
an interesting development. i come home. there are two messages on my machine. the first one around 10:30 am is horribly garbled and with a thick middle eastern accent, but i can make out a name and the word headphone. the second message around 5:30 pm is clearer. it is the tenant from the other building. he says he is in possession of my headphones and is prepared to return them. he doesn't leave a number but says he will call back.

i feel like i'm in hostage negotiations. "i have them in my possession and am prepared to return them." does he want something from me?

it was a very odd message. i'm thinking about going over there now to see if i can reach him, but i also think i should just wait for him to call back. people don't like strangers coming to their homes. but when will he call back - tonight or tomorrow day when i am at work.

the plot thickens ...

Jan 24, 2008 at 1:22 AM Post #81 of 105
Quote:

an interesting development. i come home. there are two messages on my machine. the first one around 10:30 am is horribly garbled and with a thick middle eastern accent, but i can make out a name and the word headphone. the second message around 5:30 pm is clearer. it is the tenant from the other building. he says he is in possession of my headphones and is prepared to return them. he doesn't leave a number but says he will call back.

i feel like i'm in hostage negotiations. "i have them in my possession and am prepared to return them." does he want something from me?

it was a very odd message. i'm thinking about going over there now to see if i can reach him, but i also think i should just wait for him to call back. people don't like strangers coming to their homes. but when will he call back - tonight or tomorrow day when i am at work.

the plot thickens ...

This is getting interesting,like a spy novel in real time.LOL

Jan 24, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #84 of 105
Honestly, I don't know how some people get to work in the morning, or manage to have children... I'd answer this thread, but I'm too busy asking my gardener what he thinks I should do about my impacted molars
rolleyes.gif

Jan 24, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #85 of 105
my impatience got the better of me and i went over there. it was 10 pm, but he wasn't home. i tried buzzing and then made my way up to his door and knocked and rang. even tried talking through the door. no answer. maybe he works nights. i plan to work from home tomorrow. hopefully he will call and i will be able to get them.

by this time tomorrow, if things work out, i should or hope to finally have them.

we'll see.

Jan 24, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #86 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by rincewind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honestly, I don't know how some people get to work in the morning, or manage to have children... I'd answer this thread, but I'm too busy asking my gardener what he thinks I should do about my impacted molars
rolleyes.gif

???
Anyways... Hope you manage to get the cans bro! Till then go play with the HE's you've been teasing us with!!!

Jan 24, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #88 of 105
Quote:

my impatience got the better of me and i went over there. it was 10 pm, but he wasn't home. i tried buzzing and then made my way up to his door and knocked and rang. even tried talking through the door. no answer. maybe he works nights. i plan to work from home tomorrow. hopefully he will call and i will be able to get them.

by this time tomorrow, if things work out, i should or hope to finally have them.

we'll see.

He maybe hiding,in fear for his life.LOL
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 24, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #90 of 105
i finally got them!!

he called me today and said he was in the area and would stop by my apartment. i waited outside for him. it was an awkward meeting and i was under the impression that he thought he had done something wrong. i told him UPS was to blame. he noticed and commented on the price tag of $495 on the grado box. the shipping box was gone. i know he looked over the contents. i don't know if he thought initially to sell them or what. he obviously knew where i lived, and yet kept the package/headphones for 2 weeks. i think my constant pestering and notes paid off. either way i'm just happy to have them back.

here are 2 pics - long overdue.

HPIM3305.jpg

HPIM3306.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back