Lost my JVC Ha-FX101 -- help me!
Mar 13, 2013 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jaywood

New Head-Fier
I have been a long time lurker and have found several pairs of great headphones thanks to this forum. I just recently lost my JVC HA-FX101's. I really liked those headphones, they fit great, they sounded great, they have good bass, etc. What I didn't like about them -- my ears are sensitive and the highs were very pronounced, I couldn't turn the volume up over halfway without squinting every time there was a high note. I also didn't like how there is no "control buttons" on the wire (to change songs/volume when plugged into iPhone) that isn't necessary for me, but would be a bonus if the new pair had that feature.

I was wondering what you guys would recommend for me based on that ^^. I would like to spend sub $50. 

Thanks guys!

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
I have been a long time lurker and have found several pairs of great headphones thanks to this forum. I just recently lost my JVC HA-FX101's. I really liked those headphones, they fit great, they sounded great, they have good bass, etc. What I didn't like about them -- my ears are sensitive and the highs were very pronounced, I couldn't turn the volume up over halfway without squinting every time there was a high note. I also didn't like how there is no "control buttons" on the wire (to change songs/volume when plugged into iPhone) that isn't necessary for me, but would be a bonus if the new pair had that feature.

I was wondering what you guys would recommend for me based on that ^^. I would like to spend sub $50. 

Thanks guys!

Get the JVC FX3X on amazon for ~$30. That is a steal for their sound. It's a pretty good upgrade from those FX101s. Total upgrade in fact. Hope this helps.

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
Are the highs piercing on those buds? 

Great suggestion, thanks!

Well like all JVC iems that uses carbon material you need to burn them in for a good while before they will truly shine. I got my set used from fellow head-fier which was pretty well burned-in so i am not sure how they would sound like upon open box when new.

But from what i am hearing from my pair they are crazy nice when compared the the FX101. It's the 101s with more sparkle in the highs but has very little harshness in the treble regions. Mids nice and forward with great bass slam and rumble. It is a TOTAL AND COMPLETE upgrade to the FX101 in all respects even in built, from housing to the cable, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back