Lossless WMA portable DAP with toslink digital out.
Jan 29, 2010 at 5:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

OneSec

100+ Head-Fier
As the title suggest. I'm looking for a DAP with above features. I went a few shops and tried some sony models but seems like lossless doesnt play on them.

Will most likely use it during my travel, so good battery life and large storage (80GB or above) would be nice.

Able to play vedio is an add, but not compulsory. Most of my video is in avi ro rmvb.

I have been looking for a while the closest is of cause the zune, but without the toslink digital output.

Jan 29, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #3 of 9
No, the Q5/Q5W doesn't have a Toslink/optical out, I'm afraid. Coaxial, yes, but no optical. As far as I know, only the iRiver H1xx series had an optical out, but since they are discontinued you'll have to search hard to find one, most probably used.

Jan 29, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #4 of 9
It's not exactly what you requested, but be aware that the ZuneHD does indeed provide toslink on the dock. Yes, you can get the $39.00 sync dock, its the same as the media dock. It is powered by usb so computer, usb battery pack or AC to usb adapters all work. I use it with WMA lossless all the time, sending toslink to an outboard DAC. Good luck.

Mar 1, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #5 of 9
iRiver 120/140

Mar 2, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by gav17 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iRiver 120/140

^ x2.
Great player. Read up on it. But yea that link posted above me is going to help you as well.

Mar 3, 2010 at 2:43 AM Post #8 of 9
Rockbox doesn't play WMA Lossless. so, Does the iriver firmware plays WMA Lossless ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back