Looking to upgrade
Jul 29, 2013 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

caf2011

New Head-Fier
I got my first pair of good cans which are the audio technica ath m50's and love them but now i have a new job and lots of money to spend and was looking for a nice set for mainly rock music with a little rap, hip hop. i mostly listen on spotify with it set at 320kbps.
I was thinking about vmodas or a nice pair of sennheisers. 
also my first post :)
and thanks in advance

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #2 of 6
Budget? Does it need to be portable?

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #3 of 6
i actually prefer to listen on the pc but portable would be a plus, if they arent then oh well. 
and i think id be okay with like the $300 range i dont think i need to go to crazy for my second pair.

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
i actually prefer to listen on the pc but portable would be a plus, if they arent then oh well. 
and i think id be okay with like the $300 range i dont think i need to go to crazy for my second pair.

Hmm. Mad Dogs by Mrspeakers with a portable amp.

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

I was in a similar position to you. I have Magni+Modi for PC use and have been using HD280pros which are comparable to the M50s. I was seriously considering the HE-400s from HiFiman or the Sennheiser HD600s (which are around your budget, I think). Ultimately, I decided to splurge a bit and get a custom-finished Paradox (which will hopefully be finished in the near future!). Perhaps my similar, recent experience helps orient your search.

Good luck!

P.S. You also might want to mention if you are looking for open or closed cans --- I ultimately went for the Paradox because it's a closed can. I really really like my HD280s because I can hear so much more detail because of the noise isolation than I can when using something like a semi-open AKG 240s or a fully-open AD900. If you can always find a nice quite place to listen, then consider the open cans, but if you prefer the noise isolation of your M50s and listen in non-slient places or your computer fan is really noisy, you should say so, that way others can suggest other closed cans.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back