Looking to replace Sennheiser HD580s with a headset because I cant find a decent mic for gaming.
Nov 30, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #16 of 22
I've used this one for several months on FPSs and no one has complained. People understand me fine.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002KL0VY2/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

Dec 1, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #18 of 22
Dec 1, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #19 of 22
Why is it that they dont make a good headset? when I got this set the ones they offered were so awful. I dont get why they dont just take any of their good ones and just add a mic like any headphones should also be available as a headset. 

Dec 1, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #20 of 22
I'd guess gamers who care that deeply about sound to be willing to pay $300-400 for a headset, are an even smaller niche than audiophiles. Plus, higher profit margins in the lower quality kit. 

Dec 2, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #21 of 22
Perhaps another option besides getting a different headset/louder mic, is to use Mumble for voip if you aren't already.  Me and my teammates switched over to it specifically because of it's auto-leveling feature, where it adjusts people's volume so that everyone is at the same (or nearly the same) volume.  I had a Zalman in the past, then I got a logitech desktop mic, and then a Blue Snowball mic, and with every one I was still having people tell me that I was quiet.  Ever since we switched to Mumble though I haven't had any problems.

Good luck with your search!

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #22 of 22

Quote:
Perhaps another option besides getting a different headset/louder mic, is to use Mumble for voip if you aren't already.  Me and my teammates switched over to it specifically because of it's auto-leveling feature, where it adjusts people's volume so that everyone is at the same (or nearly the same) volume.  I had a Zalman in the past, then I got a logitech desktop mic, and then a Blue Snowball mic, and with every one I was still having people tell me that I was quiet.  Ever since we switched to Mumble though I haven't had any problems.

Good luck with your search!

While Mumble is a very powerful voip solution when compared to ventrilo or teamspeak requiring some setting up.  There are situations like when people need to use Skype where the auto-normalizing doesn't do you any good.

With that said, if you're not going to use more than one type of voip then Mumble + zalman is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back