Looking to replace Fulla 3
Nov 16, 2022 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Drabat

New Head-Fier
Hi ,

I just buy a new headset (DT 900 pro X) and i wanted to know if it's better to keep my fulla 3 , or to change it for a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen or a Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD, i juste start with audio hardware and too me you can't do a lot of thing with the fulla the other look more complet
But maybe im using it bad , if you could give me some advices
Thanks for reading me and for the help :D

Nov 16, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 17
Are you maxing out the volume controls on the audio source?
For driving headphones, I would rather have the Fulla, over the Solo or UMC204HD.

Nov 16, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #4 of 17
Hi thank for the answer do you mean thé sound on Windows or with the volume knob, i got Windows sound at 100 , 19200hz and the volume knob maybe a 40%
Yea, max out volume controls on the computer (Windows).
To send a strong signal to the Fulla.

Nov 17, 2022 at 7:36 AM Post #6 of 17
Hi ,

I just buy a new headset (DT 900 pro X) and i wanted to know if it's better to keep my fulla 3 , or to change it for a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen or a Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD, i juste start with audio hardware and too me you can't do a lot of thing with the fulla the other look more complet

If your goal is driving the headphones better, unless you really need microphone inputs into an ADC, the Fulla will do better than the Scarlett Solo and probably also the UPhoria.

Nov 18, 2022 at 12:10 AM Post #8 of 17
Is the setting 19200hz on windows really worth and is there a way to mix the sound of the fulla ?

I'm not sure what that figure is actually.

I mean if it's the sampling frequency it seems kinda low when regular CD/PCM and some FLAC are at 16bit, 44,1000hz, HDCD and HD FLAC are 20bit or 24bit, 96000hz or 192,000hz. SACD/DSD is at 2,822,000hz.

Did you just miss a zero and you've actually set your oversampling rate to 192,000? If yes, I don't bother doing that. I just set my sampling to whatever is native to the file. There's a white paper that came out around 15yrs ago that while upsampling+oversampling CDPs do sound different in a measurable degree, what they actually measured was higher noise. If you've been around long enough, this is why those sorts of CDPs disappeared; it's not for the same reason SACD is practically gone (note: video disc players and Playstations that play SACDs are not actually working the exact same way as a straight up SACDP as they use 24bit or 32bit DACs instead of SACD-specific 1bit DACs; and no, this isn't like 8bit MIDI audio on an NES).

Nov 18, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #9 of 17
I'm not sure what that figure is actually.

I mean if it's the sampling frequency it seems kinda low when regular CD/PCM and some FLAC are at 16bit, 44,1000hz, HDCD and HD FLAC are 20bit or 24bit, 96000hz or 192,000hz. SACD/DSD is at 2,822,000hz.

Did you just miss a zero and you've actually set your oversampling rate to 192,000? If yes, I don't bother doing that. I just set my sampling to whatever is native to the file. There's a white paper that came out around 15yrs ago that while upsampling+oversampling CDPs do sound different in a measurable degree, what they actually measured was higher noise. If you've been around long enough, this is why those sorts of CDPs disappeared; it's not for the same reason SACD is practically gone (note: video disc players and Playstations that play SACDs are not actually working the exact same way as a straight up SACDP as they use 24bit or 32bit DACs instead of SACD-specific 1bit DACs; and no, this isn't like 8bit MIDI audio on an NES).
i was talking about this setting :
1668777977180.png

Nov 19, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #10 of 17
i was talking about this setting :
1668777977180.png

OK so you did miss a zero. And you're probably both upsampling the bit depth and oversampling in software.

None of those do anything. Maybe adds some noise but that's about it at worst. If the specific player you use doesn't have its own setting for "native output" where it will just automatically switch a setting for whatever the heck the file is assuming your stored music has different bit depths and sampling rates because you buy HDCDs and SACDs, or only some of your music is available in 24bit, 96khz or 88khz FLAC, just leave that at 16bit 44100khz.

Assuming you do have a mix of different bit depths and sampling frequencies, best just leave it at the highest settings to match your higher spec files.

That said, I said probably because I assume that's what Windows will try to do if you've set it to a higher setting and then it runs into a regular music file. It might be the case that Windows 11 may play natively if it detects a lower spec file and the setting is just a limit, for example.

In any case I'd just set it to the highest spec file you have. If you have no idea what your music are at, but you just ripped regular CDs, then that's 16bit 44,100hz.

Nov 19, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #11 of 17
OK so you did miss a zero. And you're probably both upsampling the bit depth and oversampling in software.

None of those do anything. Maybe adds some noise but that's about it at worst. If the specific player you use doesn't have its own setting for "native output" where it will just automatically switch a setting for whatever the heck the file is assuming your stored music has different bit depths and sampling rates because you buy HDCDs and SACDs, or only some of your music is available in 24bit, 96khz or 88khz FLAC, just leave that at 16bit 44100khz.

Assuming you do have a mix of different bit depths and sampling frequencies, best just leave it at the highest settings to match your higher spec files.

That said, I said probably because I assume that's what Windows will try to do if you've set it to a higher setting and then it runs into a regular music file. It might be the case that Windows 11 may play natively if it detects a lower spec file and the setting is just a limit, for example.

In any case I'd just set it to the highest spec file you have. If you have no idea what your music are at, but you just ripped regular CDs, then that's 16bit 44,100hz.
Thank for the anwser i don't understant all you said so can you tell me if i got corect (im on windows 11 i don't think that change a lot of things lol)
This setting isn't usefull because he gonna add some noise , and because i don't know the sampling of the music i listenning too it's better to let it at 16bit 44,100hz.
But i have somes questions if i set it at 16bit 44,100hz in window it's not gonna limit the fulla 3 who can support 24 bits 192 000hz ?
And for the format i listen i mainly use spotify , and playing FPS like valorant or cs go
Thank for your help :D and sorry im pretty novice in this ^^

Nov 20, 2022 at 1:59 AM Post #12 of 17
But i have somes questions if i set it at 16bit 44,100hz in window it's not gonna limit the fulla 3 who can support 24 bits 192 000hz ?
And for the format i listen i mainly use spotify , and playing FPS like valorant or cs go

Your 16bit 44100hz MP3 music and 16bit 44100hz MP3 locally stored SFX are already limiting the Fulla3 since it's not playing native 24bit/96000hz, let alone 192000hz.

Nov 21, 2022 at 1:16 PM Post #14 of 17
Hi ,

I have to agree with @ProtegeManiac in the sense that USB interfaces are not up to modern DAC standards, but I guess the Fulla isn't either.

I have the Behringer and it is good for what it is for, but for music I don't recommend it. I would say just see how you feel about your gear when the headphones arrive. If you want to improve something you should be able to describe what you don't like about the combination.

Nov 21, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #15 of 17
I have to agree with @ProtegeManiac in the sense that USB interfaces are not up to modern DAC standards, but I guess the Fulla isn't either.

I have the Behringer and it is good for what it is for, but for music I don't recommend it. I would say just see how you feel about your gear when the headphones arrive. If you want to improve something you should be able to describe what you don't like about the combination.
Thing i don't like it i don't feel like i have a good spacial audio in some game and the sound isn't very complex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back