Looking to purchase a flashlight? Here's an awesome resource!
Jun 27, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #271 of 275
Wow, joined this board almost two years ago after lurking for awhile, and can't believe that I saw this thread for the first time just yesterday! Have been a member of candlepowerforums (CPF) since 2001.

Surefire is generally considered the top of the line for established manufacturers (although there are detractors). The prices are likewise often top of the line.

Check out two of their newest lights: the UA2 Optimus (2-200 lumens) and the UB2 Invictus (2-400 lumens). I don't think these two lights are available yet, but to me they're worth waiting for. Variable output, battery-power indicator, etc., etc. For more info, check out the PDF catalog on the surefire website. (sorry, I don't know how to do links.)

The use of CR123 batteries can be a downside because of cost, as has been mentioned before. There have/had also been some cases of lithium 123 batteries exploding inside the flashlight. IIRC, "no-name" 123 batteries have a higher incidence of explosion than brands like Duracell, Energizer, Surefire, Streamlight, etc.

Lots and lots of info regarding flashlights. Can't even begin to scratch the surface of the knowledge base...and despite my years on CPF, I'm woefully uninformed.

BTW, my favorite flashlight company is BrightGuy.com. Their discounted prices might not be the lowest on the web (Surefire at full retail per strict Surefire policies, but I believe they do offer free shipping for SureFire lights), but their customer service is second to none! I think Brightguy offers the widest selection of different flashlights and brands, and they go out of their way to handle special requests. Very friendly staff that will help you select the best light for your needs.

Jun 28, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #273 of 275
Hey Edwood,

I have read the entire thread before posting and I seen the progression! You've seen the light huh?
smily_headphones1.gif

I am still considering a few models, I subscribed to the candlepowerforums. I think it will be the Fenix P3D Q5, well for now! I am still reading around.
wink.gif

Which light you own that is using the CR123 battery type you prefer? I noticed you own many single cell ones, I might go that route.

Thanks,

Charles

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've completely lost my mind when it comes to flashlights. Although, right now, I'm into the DIY stuff for flashlights. Wiring and soldering is a breeze compared to soldering and wiring headphone amps.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back