Looking to purchase a flashlight? Here's an awesome resource!
Oct 16, 2004 at 8:28 AM Post #16 of 275
I've been a member over at CPF (Candlepower Forums) for almost two years now and used to collect mostly custom-made lights. The guys over there are as knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, and trustworthy as most of us here at Head-Fi. CPF is a great place. All my experiences there have been very positive.

Believe me, flashlights are as addictive, fun, and "wallet-thinning" as headphones and audio gear.
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2004 at 8:32 AM Post #17 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
Strohmie - it's SO COLD here
frown.gif

I'm already starting to feel kind of sick, and this is three blankets on top of me!! =/
Supposed to drop down to 32*F at 5 in the morning later today... Do you reckon it'll start snowing sometime soon?

Would you believe that I still wear shorts and a t-shirt? I actually walked a couple blocks to a convenience store at about 1am in the same outfit. Yes, I am nuts. For some reason I like the cold.

The first snow of the year usually holds off until early November, but you never know. Morning frost will be making its presence known very soon though, if it hasn't already.

Oct 16, 2004 at 8:32 AM Post #18 of 275
i have a trusty ol ArcAAA pocket light with my keys thanks to the candlepower forums. I'm sure there are better keyring lights out there now, but at the time everyone was talking about the ArcAAA.

I think its about time i got a new light...something in the pocketable size range...but more light...

Oct 16, 2004 at 8:45 AM Post #19 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by tattoou2
I've been a member over at CPF (Candlepower Forums) for almost two years now and used to collect mostly custom-made lights. The guys over there are as knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, and trustworthy as most of us here at Head-Fi. CPF is a great place. All my experiences there have been very positive.

Believe me, flashlights are as addictive, fun, and "wallet-thinning" as headphones and audio gear.
biggrin.gif

I can believe it. I read this thread on CandlePower with, admittedly, a smile on my face as a guy tries to figure out how to spend his $200 on a flashlight. You can substitute every reference to flashlight and model number with a headphone model and it reads exactly like this forum.

This line is especially classic: "Sad that I look at your lights and drool......very very nice....thats one... and I'm very Impressed Mr Bulk, eggggzelent light! Love the lumens gauge pic included!"

Oct 16, 2004 at 6:47 PM Post #22 of 275
CPF is definitely full of hospitality, I was drenched in it when I asked my questions. I also thought it was really cool how active they were in supporting each other -- check this link out. It's quite amazing, what they do (not to draw any comparisons, of course, I just thought this thread was an exemplary illustration of humanity).

Some of your Head-Fi CPF'ers have quite a collection! I have no idea what the differences are between all of those, but I know flashlights can get quite expensive... was considering the Surefire L1 until the 125USD price tag threw me off
eek.gif

Jan 11, 2006 at 4:31 AM Post #23 of 275
I've been bitten by the flashlight bug. It seemed to me that a good flashlight is a very good thing to have with me all of the time (walking at night, in the car, middle of the night trips going down to the basement without turning on all the lights, fiddling with connections). Reading the Candlepowerforums and the reviews at flashlightreviews.com has me thinking about wanting a good tough light, with a good beam pattern, form factor, and battery regulation

Just like I used to think $200 was too much for a headphone (and no longer do), now I think that spending $100-$150 on an excellent quality flashlight is not a big deal anymore.

Jan 11, 2006 at 4:52 AM Post #24 of 275
Jan 11, 2006 at 7:03 AM Post #27 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Ok, so now I know what all of my friends are thinking when I start talking about headphones

Word

Now I have something to show them to make them belive I am not the crazy

Jan 11, 2006 at 7:34 AM Post #28 of 275
who da thunk that there would be a flashlight forum? i've had a surefire 6P for 6 or 7 years now and i still love it. i take it with me everytime i travel since it's so small and easy to carry. amazing that such a tiny flashlight can be so bright.

Jan 11, 2006 at 7:58 AM Post #29 of 275
CandlePowerForums > General Flashlight > Flashlight collecting > Reload this Page Post your 2005's Flashlights pictures
wink.gif

oh my gosh!

edit: Mmmmmm flashlaiyte...

Jan 11, 2006 at 8:09 AM Post #30 of 275
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX
I wonder what they do at their meets.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Flash each other?
-Ed