looking to get new headphones?
May 31, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #4 of 17
Sennheiser HD600 is open and far from ideal for use outside of your room. 

May 31, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #6 of 17
I wish I knew what to tell you. There are a lot of nice ones out there. I don't think you need to spend that much money though. It depends on what you need it for. If you are going to listen to music, than you should get something cheaper, around $20-100. Sometimes the higher priced ones aren't that great. I hear people say beats suck and are over-priced pieces of junk. I think it's a matter of opinion. I personally think you should try some on and hear the sound of them for yourself. Everyone is going to give you their own opinion, and then you'll have 1,000 of them to choose from XD. I just bought a pair for $70 that i'm not very happy with. I am trying everything to make them sound good. I can tell you some of the higher end brands that people recommend and that I know of:

Sennheiser

AKG

Ultrasone (the ones I bought for $70; they have surround sound)

Sony

Skullcandy (sort of a lower end brand, but they have lifetime warranties)

Beats

Bose

Beyerdynamic

Denon

Shure

Audio Technica

and the list goes on.....

Jun 1, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #11 of 17
The AKG K550 has been getting good reviews.

Jun 1, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #12 of 17
If you're on school you need something more portable, dont you think? give us more detail on what are you looking on a headphone, your op is not enough...

Jun 1, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:
and the white akg quincy jones q701 look pretty sweet too

that one and the sennheiser hd600 are both open back, forget them. get something that is closed back for better noise isolation if you are going to use it in school, and tell us what you want in the sound so we can give better suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back