Looking to buy new in-ears to use with my iphone
May 15, 2013 at 5:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sashakrik

Head-Fier
Hello everyone !
I had an old pair of sennheiser CX300II that are falling apart so i want to buy a new pair of in-ears.
I'm using the earphones with my old iPhone 3GS to listen to music on my way to work.
I'm normally hearing electronic music (House, Dubstep) and Rap/Hip-Hop.

My budget is approximately 70-80 US$.

I will be really happy to get some recommendations 

Thank you !
Alex.

May 15, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #2 of 4
First off -  http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here
Multi-IEM Review - 281 IEMs compared (VSonic GR07 BE and R02 Silver Added 05/15/13 p.688)
In case you haven't found these - other places to ask questions regarding portable gear.

Would I be correct in assuming that you would want something with a similar sound signature to the Senns? Also guessing that the fit worked well enough so you would want something similar in terms of shape/size? Otherwise, do specify anything else in terms of sound preference, comfort, etc. 

You've mentioned genres, and while they are helpful in a sense, ultimately we value different presentations of said genres, so specifying what in particular that you listen for and which sound characteristics you value while listening to those genres, would be a tad bit more helpful in the long run, especially when we're trying to narrow something specific down.

May 15, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #3 of 4
Overall I love the sound of the CX300II except for their bass-it's too strong.

The shape, size and weight are good - small light weight earphones. they are fitting well into my ears and gives a good isolation of the world noises when i'm on a bus or a train.

Besides the bass i also don't like the cable, it's very soft so every time that i get them out of my backpack they look like mess.

May 15, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Overall I love the sound of the CX300II except for their bass-it's too strong.

The shape, size and weight are good - small light weight earphones. they are fitting well into my ears and gives a good isolation of the world noises when i'm on a bus or a train.

Besides the bass i also don't like the cable, it's very soft so every time that i get them out of my backpack they look like mess.

The GR06 comes to mind in terms of something that would have similar midrange and treble balancing but with less excessive bass (though it can a tad too light in some instances - the GR04 would be the alternative in that case), but then again the shells are rather square and not as tapered down or as small. The cable is supple but not as tangible. Build, of course is thick plastic and extremely industrial.

If you take into factor the size criteria, then maybe the GR99, the Tridents, or the R-20s. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back