Looking for velour or thick comfortable circular earcushions 2 inch inner diameter and 3.5 inch outer diameter.
Feb 13, 2011 at 8:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

dweaver

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a pair of Denon DN-HP700 headphone that have an inner diameter of 2 inched and outer diameter of 3.5 inches and am looking for a more comfortable ear pad.

Koss seems to have several that would do the trick but unfortunately they don't give their sizes. The  PRO4AAAT look like they might be the right size as do the MV1 and PRODJ100. I also am open to other brands of cushions so long as they are round and the dimensions I stated.

Thanks

Feb 13, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #2 of 16
I second this search!

And the MV1 are a bit too big, i tried them. also, is not a regular pad that you can hold, it was to be glued or stick with tape.

I am curious about the ones for the Shure 750dj, maybe some 750dj owners could measure them for us, those come with spare earpads and is also easy to get replacements. though those aren't velour

Feb 14, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #3 of 16
Any Shure 750DJ owner's up for the challenge?

If not I may be able to at least get the external measurement at a store.

Feb 14, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #5 of 16
Excellent Inquartata thank you :). Those sound close and may work.

Any other suggestions from anyone else?

Feb 15, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #7 of 16
i own a pair of denon hp-700s as well and am looking for velour earpads! i made a thread a while ago but didn't get too many suggestions. i saw these on ultrasone but i don't know if any of these fit (http://www.shopatron.com/products/category/PRO/756.0.1.1.56.56506.28016.0.0). can anyone who owns a PRO line of ultrasone cans get a quick measurement of their earpads to see if they match the dimensions in the topic?

Feb 17, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #10 of 16
i know that the xone xd-53 has the exact same chassis as the denon dn-hp700's but the only velour pads i found for those online are only available from europe and just not worth it. people have used the beyerdynamic dt250 pads (http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DT250Earpad/) on the ath-m50s which is similar in size to denons but its more ovally. maybe these can deform to fit the circular shape?

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #12 of 16
I am thinking about tryig to make my own now with the help of my wife. I may see how much the material will cost and decide from there. But also have to say these have become more comfortable as I use them.

Feb 18, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #13 of 16

Quote:
I am thinking about tryig to make my own now with the help of my wife. I may see how much the material will cost and decide from there. But also have to say these have become more comfortable as I use them.

Tried to cover mine with fun fur, just to see if I could do it. Didn't do too bad, especially for first time sewer!! Doesn't take much material, but make sure you check the remnant sales 1st (as hubby was buying 1/2 yd red velvet for $13, I found remnant 1/2 yard almost same stuff for $2.50!).

Feb 18, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #14 of 16

Quote:
Tried to cover mine with fun fur, just to see if I could do it. Didn't do too bad, especially for first time sewer!! Doesn't take much material, but make sure you check the remnant sales 1st (as hubby was buying 1/2 yd red velvet for $13, I found remnant 1/2 yard almost same stuff for $2.50!).

Denon HP700 with red velvet? can we see a photo please? 
redface.gif

I totally useless when it comes to something like that, best i could do would be glue some grado pads to it.

Jan 30, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #15 of 16
Sorry about digging up such an old thread--almost one year old! I just wanted to post about some velour pads I just found for my Denon DN-HP700 since the original pleather pads have gotten all stiff and have begun cracking. I got these shipped from the UK from http://www.juno.co.uk/products/396535-01.htm for a decent price. It comes out around $28 incl. shipping and I received them in about a week (the website has some other sweet colors but are slightly more expensive). I had noticed that the Xone XD-53 and Denons shared the same exact headphone design down to the plastic molding, so I guessed that the earcup diameters were the same and went ahead to order the pads. These fit on perfectly and are quite comfy. Hope this helps out anyone looking for new pads for these underrated phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back