Looking for two IEM connector part names or numbers.
Nov 8, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #16 of 24
I saw somewhere somebody took apart a vga male monitor connector, and used the pins from that... 

Nov 8, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #17 of 24

Quote:
Any updates on the connectors? I really want to create a custom cable for my 16s and this is the missing piece!

there's this guy from hongkong selling those on ebay, quite pricey though, 5$ for each plus 3$ shipping to my place (uk)

Nov 8, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #18 of 24
Unfortunately I haven't been able to do a whole lot, the wire that I've ordered has a crazy lead time on it due to odd coloration of the insulator.  I've still got a while to wait before I can actually start building.

In addition I'm trying to find a less-expensive source for the connectors themselves.  I understand that they're an RF part originally, however they're not rocket science and shouldn't cost like it.  If tuned waveguide segments are cheaper than a blasted connector, someone is ripping someone else off.

/tinfoil hat

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #19 of 24

Quote:
there's this guy from hongkong selling those on ebay, quite pricey though, 5$ for each plus 3$ shipping to my place (uk)

Yeah, I just ordered a pair to try (was $5 + $2 for shipping to US) since all the avenues I've tried are dead ends. My stock JH cable is driving me nuts and I really want to create a custom double helix cable soon.

Nov 10, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #20 of 24

Quote:
Yeah, I just ordered a pair to try (was $5 + $2 for shipping to US) since all the avenues I've tried are dead ends. My stock JH cable is driving me nuts and I really want to create a custom double helix cable soon.

My 2 pairs arrived yesterday, both the pins and the plastic are of good quality, shiny and solid, not bad for 5$ :p

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #23 of 24
The quote you have is talking about UE two pin connector and the links are to Shure connectors.
Which one is your question about?

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #24 of 24
Here is a mechanical drawing of the MMCX connector so you can get exact dimensions:

http://www.amphenolconnex.com/media/downloads/5416/262106.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back