Looking for transport like Xduoo X10T II
Feb 26, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #16 of 30
I'm looking for more information about the sound quality of the xDuoo X10T II. I ordered the xDuoo XD-05 Plus. Got it yesterday. I used the proprietary output of my HiFiMan HM-650 and while it was ok, I know I can get better sound. Plus I want to be able to eq. The headphones I'm using with the set up are HiFiMan Anandas. I need a bit more sub bass. I also own Ultrasone Pro 900's. Anyone familiar with them know about their bass output. I know the Anandas won't do that but I want more sub bass than what I'm getting now.

Jun 16, 2021 at 12:32 AM Post #18 of 30
Hello,

anyone try 1TB memory card with xDuoo X10T II?

regards,
Simon
No, but I'd hazard a guess it would be pushing the limits of usability. With no touch screen, you'd need to hold the up/down buttons for 'speedier' reading of your album list. Given that for a 1TB you're looking at about 1500-2000 files if at 16/44.1 or 1000+ if at 24/96, your fingers will wear out before you get halfway through. This why I stick to 64 or 128gb cards, volume but navigable.

Sep 27, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #20 of 30
No, but I'd hazard a guess it would be pushing the limits of usability. With no touch screen, you'd need to hold the up/down buttons for 'speedier' reading of your album list. Given that for a 1TB you're looking at about 1500-2000 files if at 16/44.1 or 1000+ if at 24/96, your fingers will wear out before you get halfway through. This why I stick to 64 or 128gb cards, volume but navigable.
Hello,

but you have Hiby Link app on phone/tablet. So you can search music from phone.

regards,
Simon

Sep 27, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #21 of 30
Hello,

but you have Hiby Link app on phone/tablet. So you can search music from phone.

regards,
Simon
True, but I suspect you've still got the issue of reading the card in the first place. IIRC the Headfonia review indicated that the X10T on a 200gb card reading 11,000 tracks 'takes a lot of time', I suspect a 1TB would take considerably more....Most reviews indicate that a 512gb card is readable, whether it's practical is another matter.

TBH I don't have the same interest as most in trying to fit an entire library on a card (mine is 5tb...). I dislike large cards for other reasons - loss- if you lose the card or it becomes corrupted you've lost several hundred dollars and time (in creating the card and transferring files as happened with me and a 15month old 512gb), and inconvenience, the aforementioned reading time and searching.

In the end, it's up to you if you want to try the 1TB. The lack of responses means, I suspect, that you'd be the first one to do so...

Sep 27, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #22 of 30
True, but I suspect you've still got the issue of reading the card in the first place. IIRC the Headfonia review indicated that the X10T on a 200gb card reading 11,000 tracks 'takes a lot of time', I suspect a 1TB would take considerably more....Most reviews indicate that a 512gb card is readable, whether it's practical is another matter.

TBH I don't have the same interest as most in trying to fit an entire library on a card (mine is 5tb...). I dislike large cards for other reasons - loss- if you lose the card or it becomes corrupted you've lost several hundred dollars and time (in creating the card and transferring files as happened with me and a 15month old 512gb), and inconvenience, the aforementioned reading time and searching.

In the end, it's up to you if you want to try the 1TB. The lack of responses means, I suspect, that you'd be the first one to do so...
Thank you.

Oct 13, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #23 of 30
Would UAPP detect this transport OTA or only Hiby ?

Nov 15, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #26 of 30
Bedside_Station.jpeg

Use my x10-T II everyday connected to my Schiit stack via coax. Also have a Discman connected via toslink.

Feb 16, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #28 of 30
I don;t know if you have a usb input on your Schiit but if you do, change to it. I will sound sooo much better. I did it and there is a HUGE difference. Nice set up by the way.
Thanks. Was using just coax (X10T II) and Optical (Sony DISCMan). USB only to power the Modi.

May 30, 2023 at 6:03 AM Post #30 of 30
I was using a coax out of my X10T II as well. It was a huge difference once I switched. Once you do, tell me how you like it.
I think it depends on what you use it with. In my system, I don't find a "huge" difference between USB and Coax or AES outputs, but my preference is for Coax or AES, which I find to have a bit more tonal saturation; I haven't used the optical output. Having said that, there is one "huge" difference between USB & Coax/AES outputs; I get close to 50 hours battery use when using USB, but that drops to around 16 hours for both Coax & AES.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back