looking for the least sibilant DAC and CDP
Dec 27, 2007 at 9:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dikyllis

New Head-Fier
well I do not have a CDP yet, but a FubarIII, there are some CD that I cant always face sibilance

could any1 recommend a CDP and DAC, so I can just drop by at the store to test selectively.... rather than testing everything

thanks in advance

Dec 27, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #2 of 6
If you're concerned with sibilance, I'd look more into buying a tube amp that is softer in the highs and rolls them off a bit.

The problem with sibilance is that it occurs in real life. If actual sibilance is recorded, then the problem does not lie with your system or headphones. They will pass the sibilance along, as it is found in the recording. One thing you can do is use an amp that doesn't emphasize the highs as much as solid state will.

You could also pick up a graphic equalizer to turn down the frequencies you dislike.

Dec 27, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #3 of 6
i think Fubar has opamps that you can roll

but as mentioned already, if it's in the recording it'll probably come through unless your amp/player/headphones are heavily coloured

btw what headphones are you using?

Dec 28, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think Fubar has opamps that you can roll

but as mentioned already, if it's in the recording it'll probably come through unless your amp/player/headphones are heavily coloured

btw what headphones are you using?

opamp rolling, what are there to solve it?

I am currently using the hd595

Dec 28, 2007 at 8:22 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
something mellow, maybe the OPA2604 or OPA 2107

uhmm the factory gave OPA2604, would OPA2107 gives a same characteristic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back