looking for the headphone with the most bass being driven by my cell phone
Nov 13, 2014 at 11:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

chromecarz00

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I've had the ATH-PRO700MK2 and the Yamaha Pro 500, both being driven from computer, iPod or HTC M8, and while I like the sound of the MK2 and love the 500, I find myself wanting a little more bass. I know I could get an amp for cheaper than a new pair of cans, but for convenience I would rather go for the new phones.

Nov 13, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #2 of 14
The Pro 500 are super efficient and so easy to drive that you should have plenty of headroom. Why not just use EQ to boost the bass?

Nov 15, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #10 of 14
  Do they have those on display in the microsoft store? I tried some VMODAs recently and I think it was them...if so I was not impresed at all

I don't know whether those are displayed in the store. If the V-Moda you heard were on-ears, then those were the XS. If they were over-ears, those were probably the M100 and judging by reviews only, the M100 should be much better.

[EDIT]
The over-ears could also have been the Crossfade LP2. They are $100 cheaper than the M100 so I guess they don't sound as good... Please take my opinions with a grain of salt because I haven't heard any of these headphones myself.

Nov 15, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #11 of 14
Lately I've been using the Sennheiser Momentun On Ear as my bass enhanced can, at current prices it makes it a really easy recommendation for bass lovers. Sub-bass is really strong too. And they were made to be used on portable devices, definitely check em out. Solo 2 is worth a look as well, although surprisingly not as bassy, but still plenty of it IMO and better quality bass than Momentum

Nov 15, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #12 of 14
Beats obviously 
rolleyes.gif

I kid I kid... seriously though if you like the over ear go with the VModa - never seen them in stores though at least in my area so not sure how you'd preview them.  Check amazon's return policy and go that route - they were on sale last year for a black friday or cyber monday deal as well iirc.  

If you're OK with On Ear the Momentums that were mentioned by OMGLadyGaga are a good pick and around this time of year they seem to be going on sale a lot.  They were down at under 100 on newegg last week actually.

Nov 15, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #13 of 14
If you think V-Modas have a lot of bass for a normal listener than you are sadly mistaken. To an audiophile, yes, but to an average "basshead" it would be flat. If all you want is bass then Sony has their XB (Extra-Bass) line of headphones that would probably fit your needs. They have a newer in-ear model that I know is very bass heavy even without EQing and they're cheap ($40) or you could try their over ear, XB5000 I think.

Nov 15, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #14 of 14
  If you think V-Modas have a lot of bass for a normal listener than you are sadly mistaken. To an audiophile, yes, but to an average "basshead" it would be flat. If all you want is bass then Sony has their XB (Extra-Bass) line of headphones that would probably fit your needs. They have a newer in-ear model that I know is very bass heavy even without EQing and they're cheap ($40) or you could try their over ear, XB5000 I think.

Which vmoda headphone are you talking about? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back